Thread: midwest input

Default midwest input

Going to missouri on nov 1 for an archery deer hunt. You guys that have gone out there just wondering what advise you can give. Tips and tactics? Gear checklist? I have been to the mizzou 5 times and have yet to tag a buck but hope that changes this year! I'm just trying to gain any advantage I can! Any experiences or ideas would certainly help!

I've never been to Missouri but always go back home to souther Indiana to hunt the last week of bow season, Nov 6-13. The deer there are chasing heavy then. Hunt the does and the bucks will be there. That time of year in the Midwest you need a good rainsuit and some warm clothes. I stay in the stand all day most days. When they are chasing, you never know when they'll come by.

Good Luck
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by 3chunter View Post
    Going to missouri on nov 1 for an archery deer hunt. You guys that have gone out there just wondering what advise you can give. Tips and tactics? Gear checklist? I have been to the mizzou 5 times and have yet to tag a buck but hope that changes this year! I'm just trying to gain any advantage I can! Any experiences or ideas would certainly help!

hell yea biotch! i cant wait

you going with outfitter or diy?
    what part of missouri you going to?

"advice"

good luck out there
    James 4:14

Going to a friends farm. West central missouri.

there is gonna be some "mass buck carnage" out there this year.....however, im gonna just go ahead and tell ya, the first 110 inch 8 point that walks by me is takin a dirt nap! im comin back with one this year....

Don't eat my pizza, Karma is a bitch...

dont order two pancakes at that restaurant..... lol

Sorry for the pizza! I will stick to 1 PANCAKE! I just hope we can bring home a goodun!

Consider it done....I will man drive those bastards like Herb and the duck commander crew a few years back.

Go across the state line to Illinois!! Make sure you bring some warm clothes! Missouri and Illinois have this essence that if you come here your going to see MONESTER whitetails as soon as you get out of the truck. Do your homework and make sure you minamize your scent. Good luck to yea I'm going back Nov. 19th the rut should be in full throatle.

It has been my experience that the deer in MO respond to calls better than the SC deer. We have had good luck with rattling and grunt calls (use real horns to rattle with). I agree with the warm clothes and to try and sit all day if possible. Most important tip... Pull up in Columbia, buy your license at BPS, eat at Hooters, then off to enjoy local adult entertainment. Drag in to camp the next day.