Thread: The Rain

Default The Rain

Rained all day from 7am until about 6pm.

Woke up this morning to hunt and saw the rain, got back in bed.

About 2pm I decided to get out in the stand in hopes the rain would stop and I'd already be set up.

In the stand by 2:45. Rain picked up as I climbed. Soaking wet, in my climber with my rifle. Poured on me until 6pm. It was like a switch was hit.

6:15 I saw the first doe with two fawns.

Then everytime I looked in a new direction I saw more deer.

Put the scope on a doe about 150 yards away. She was looking back into the woods, so I waited and out walks a buck. Little buck (maybe a 4 pt) but smaller body than the doe.

Switch my scope back to the doe as it walks forward and some branches block my shot. As time goes by for the doe to get in clear view- its dark!

I probably could have made the shot, but she was approaching 200 yards at this point and darker than I preferred through the scope.

If I had better glass, The shot could have probably been made but thats OK.

I'll be there in the morning to hopefully get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

The rain seems to have gotten them on their feet. Sat am and pm yesterday in two of my best stands with 0 deer seen. Got home from work this afternoon and my son was ready to go. It was late but we were able to slip in to a tower stand I have on the edge of my property and we ended up seeing 8 deer. No shooters though. We will try it again tomorrow pm