Thread: Hog Traps

Default Hog Traps

Alright guys I need some info on how to build a hog trap. For the first time ever we have hogs starting on our land in Anderson county. I would like to build a round trap with the continuous catch door, where they can push the door open to get in but can't push to get out. Thanks for any help.

Check the biker bars around town. I hear you'll find hogs galore there. And possibly some cougars so just be sure to go properly armed.

Thanks for the help I will get right on it !!

Make one that is mobile out of hog panels with skids so you can move w/ the 4 wheeler place to place as the pigs move. You can search threads on here and I think DMSC's thread might have some diagrams.

I got 4 bay traps and two catch traps in the pen behind the house.

Best ones I have seen are built into the woods out of panels with a spring door.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan