Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Cheeseburger

Default Best Cheeseburger

Title explains it all. Where do you go for your favorite burger? My top 3 are:

Five Guys-Bacon, Cheese, Mushrooms, Onion, Mayo, Pickles
    Jacob's Kitchen-Kobe Beef, Pimento Cheese, Applewood Bacon, Grilled Red Onion, on a Potato Roll
    Creekside(closed)-8oz with Chili, Cheese, Fried Egg, Bacon, Onion
    Last edited by Foie Gras; 09-16-2009 at 11:26 PM.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

BEACON chili cheese a plenty....shit for weeks but nuff said sho nuff
    "Dear Success, I hope that you have been preparing for me."
    -T. Bailey 67

SaltyNut Cafe----went Wednesday and had the bacon cheeseburger thought about the jalapeno but couldnt do it today.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Ike's if I'm in Spartanburg. The Dairy-O if I'm in Cameron. Here in Guatemala, it's Wendy's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Late addition:

Rascal's-Sumter Burger(Nacho Cheese, Chili, Slaw, Onion)

Five Guys Xs 5

Another addition. Posts that include the words,"My house" do not count.

Ikes= money also
    "Dear Success, I hope that you have been preparing for me."
    -T. Bailey 67

Mac's in Clemson. Wont find a better burger or a better man to talk shit with.

Sho' nuff. Mac's is the fire.

Sesame's South carolina burger add bacon.

Mac Smith's Country Store- just outside of Pendleton by the Simpson Station and CU Beef Farm. patty melt, bacon burger, good ol' plain cheeseburger...they are all amazing

Monks Corner Cafe in Central

I only went to Mac's drive in once and wasn't too impressed

Sardi's in clemson ain't too shabby
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

If anybody is around Pomaria, Waites snack bar is damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Mac Smith's Country Store- just outside of Pendleton by the Simpson Station and CU Beef Farm. patty melt, bacon burger, good ol' plain cheeseburger...they are all amazing
    I've heard that- I guess I better try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Cheeseburger House, Hwy 34 just outside Greenwood.

Second best or maybe a tie since this one is a place run by the Cheeseburger House's son.

Don't know the name but it's another little 4 table place in Ninety Six right behind the elementary school.

I'm talking sho nuff good cheeseburgers. The kind that drip greese and mayo when you bite them. The buns are almost flat from being pressed in the waffle iron type toaster. Thin slices of mater, shredded lettuce, good hand rolled ground beef with plenty of fat to make'em juicy. Just danged juicy all the way through.

I know folks say a hamburger/cheeseburger is just a simple sandwich made with buns and ground beef. But I have tried many times and I can't equal a burger that comes from those two places. And they don't have some 'special sauce' or any other tricks.

I remember back in the early 70s when Shoneys first started advertising Shoneys Special Secret Sauce on their Big Boy burgers. I went into a Shoneys in Charlotte and got me one to see what all the hoopla was about. Their secret special sauce wasn't nothing but mayo, kethcup, and some sweet dill chips all mixed together into a pink concoction.....yeah you guessed it....Thousand Island salad dressing.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 09-16-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

The Curly Burger @ the Diary-O in in Oburg, nuff said.

Joe's lake on Readville Rd and 101... THE JOE BURGER

IKE's Corner is a close second
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

M&N Cafe in Pomaria makes some good greasy burgers. Used to be called the Cue Stick.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    Late addition:

Rascal's-Sumter Burger(Nacho Cheese, Chili, Slaw, Onion)
    Man no. You don't put chili on a cheeseburger and call it a cheeseburger, that's a chili-burger.

Just like a chili-dog. Anytime you put chili on anything you turn it into a chili-whatever. Chili powder over-powers all the other ingredients.

It destroys that perfect mixing of the delicate flavors of beef, cheese, lettuce, mayo, and mild red onion that blend so subtlely to create that wonderful American sandwich called a cheeseburger. (dang I ourta be a food critic)

Plus I hate chili. Never have liked the taste of chili powder no matter how it's prepared. Nasty stuff.

Growing up I hated it so bad that when momma made chili-beans or hotdogs she'd make an extra pot of 'chili' just for me. Instead of chili powder, she'd mix ground beef with finely diced Irish taters, a bit of white onion, ketchup, mustard powder and a few secret ingredients. Then she'd cook it down some to make what I called 'South Carolina Chili'. Good stuff, and no nasty chili pepper taste.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 09-16-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

4 Points in Lake View
    Fowler's Grill in Loris and Tabor City
    Fred's in Mullins
    Some store can't remember the name of it out near the airport in Hartsville
    Another place around the racetrack in Darlington serves a good hamburger steak can't remember the name though.