Thread: Anybody doing any good in the upstate?

Default Anybody doing any good in the upstate?

I went this morning and saw a doe with two little ones walking down a good trail at first light, is anyone seeing any white oaks dropping around the greenville area? I have a couple red oaks that are dropping a few acorns but not much at all.

My dad brought me down a bucket of big azz white oak acorns from his yard in Seneca or Senecer as he calls it...

Senecer is his way of saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrett80 View Post
    Senecer is his way of saying it.
    Did yall get it done in Edistill this morning?

That's funny that you mention about acorns dropping in the yard because I was talking about that with a group the other weekend. Have you ever noticed that you'll have a bumper crop in the front yard dropping early, but you won't have dick in the woods? We theorize it's because of all the fertilizing and sprinkling we do in town, where as the woods don't have that benefit. I've seen some pin oaks dropping already, but our white oaks shouldn't drop for another 3-4 weeks yet.

I did notice a bunch of scrapes already, though. I attribute it to the cooler weather. They're about 2 weeks early for us.
    Carolina Counsel

Trees in yards dont have near the competition that trees in the wild have. The better the crown is on a tree the more its capable of producing.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

We are seeing a good many scrapes too, maybe things will get better soon, the only time I can hunt is in the morning during the week so maybe the evenings will be a little better sat. and sunday.