Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please use good etiquette in Arkansas

Somehow I've run into the same thing when OOS.

Not a lot of love for SC hunters.

If they ask where I'm from I tell them Ala-damn-bama.

If they ask where I live I tell them SC.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Most arkansas hunters dont like SC hunters, because they work harder, scout harder and hunt harder... Most arkansas boys are lazy and go to the same hole they have hunted for the last 20 years..

ain't that the truth........

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Didn't some fellas from NC get busted last year? A big time bust?
    didnt hear that one, but this is the one that got big press in Iowa

DES MOINES, Iowa – Two South Carolina men pleaded guilty to poaching deer today and were fined $2,137, ordered to pay $24,000 in liquidated damages and forfeited more than $5,000 worth of equipment. Liquidated damages in Iowa are based on the value of the deer racks.
    Michael Sillanpaa, Jr., 38, of Summerville, S.C., and David Gordon, 38, of Goose Creek, S.C., were arrested for poaching deer after Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR) conservation officers executed a search warrant at 1 a.m., Nov. 10, at a Des Moines area hotel. Officers also searched a local residence and their vehicle. The DNR seized two shotguns, two crossbows, a rifle and other equipment as well as the deer.
    “We never would have known about this if it was not for a concerned citizen who picked up the phone and called in a tip,” said DNR Conservation Officer Brandon Bergquist.
    Sillanpaa and Gordon came to Iowa in late October, bought a small game license and paid the habitat fee so, if questioned they would have a reason to be out in the woods.
    Officers immediately began surveillance of the men, even viewing them purchase a $1,060 crossbow from a local sporting goods store. Officers followed as Sillanpaa and Gordon spent their time driving all day through Big Creek State Park and Springbrook State Park, until they found something they wanted to kill, said Conservation Officer Jeff Swearngin.
    The men killed both deer by shooting crossbows from their vehicle during the day then returned at night to cut off the head. The men shot two buck deer; one scoring 148 and the other scoring 135. Game wardens in South Carolina seized three shoulder mounts and two sets of antlers from Iowa poached deer and shipped them back to Iowa. According to South Carolina wardens, Sillanpaa has a history of poaching in South Carolina.
    “These guys were so good at poaching that without the tip, we would never have known about it,” Swearngin said. They had been poaching deer in Iowa since at least 1998.
    Deer poaching is occurring all over Iowa from about middle October through January and is at epic levels, said Bergquist. “Iowa’s trophy buck resource draws the best poachers from all over the country,” he said. “Taking these guys out is nice, but there are hundreds more out there just like them.”
    Swearngin and Bergquist were assisted by Iowa conservation officers Craig Lonneman, Craig Cutts, Allen Crouse, Jason Sandholt, Craig Roberg and Mike Ryan. Federal Agent Justin Mayes also assisted with the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Every state has assholes. The ones from our state tend to have to travel to hunt ducks more than others....
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

I have often worried about making a bad impression out there. I want to go to Arkansas at some point and hunt public land. I wouldn't be one of those guys that goes out there, doesn't scout and sky busts at any bird within a mile, I don't hunt like that, but definitely don't want to step on any toes. I want to be one of the ones to give our state a good name out there. Courtesy definitely goes a long way no matter where you're from!
    For the ducks

The amusing thing about this thread and a common theme: most South Carolina duck hunters can't stand South Carolina duck hunters.

Those that have to be reminded to use good etiquette, shouldn't be hunting ducks anyway.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

No doubt it only takes one to ruin it for all. I witnessed that two years ago while hunting in Stuttgart.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Shit dudes........don't be too hard on yourselves. There are assholes in all states (I know plenty here) and they tend to run in packs and attract to one another like flies.

I don't post here much but I been a member for a long time and like to come over and read what you heathens have been up to.

Simple fact that back in the day Arkansas duck hunting was whored out for a dollar. Can't blame nobody but our own for that. True a few have came from out that way and went plumb stupid out here but it's not the majority and it's definately not just SC.......it's all 50.

Yeah......I admit there are times that I wish like Hell they would blow the damn Hernando Desoto bridge in Memphis up and let it fall into the Mississippi river especially over Christmas break........but at the same time I find myself thinking of a SC beach or one of the many nice golf courses ya'll have that I'd like to play someday and think to myself........"Ya know......it's the same damn difference" I hope I can get treated like I treat others if and when I ever go.

You guys that have been coming here for a while know how to do it and what to do when you get here. All ya gotta do is treat another man like a man and be respectful like you want to be treated and the rest will fall into place.

Way I look at it, if I am doing the right thing and another SOB wants to act like an ass then thats on him......it aint nothing to me.

Hope that wasn't too much rambling.

Ya'll come out here and hunt.........have fun and be safe and if we ever cross paths lets pop some tops and swill a few beers.

Pimp......OUT
    Some mistakes are just too fun to make only once!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    The amusing thing about this thread and a common theme: most South Carolina duck hunters can't stand South Carolina duck hunters.

Those that have to be reminded to use good etiquette, shouldn't be hunting ducks anyway.

Damn right. a Good many SC duck hunters are asshats in their own back yard. I went to put in at a landing close to Conway one morning and some douch bag had backed his rig in on the hill beside the landing and left the truck on the hill and the trailer still in the water. I've got lots of storys of crazy stuff I've seen hunting the delta. You know those guys aren't coming to SC from Arkansas.
    Colt Farrington
    - aka Reverend Colt on the Refuge Forum

Sprigdog,
    Yeah, Silampa was hunting Waterhorn and Wambaw last year. I know who he is.

Rp those boys were from good old Goose Creek! I went to school with them. They got busted alright!! They had been doing it around here for years! Duck Man#1 might know them also.