Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slick Tricks vs Muzzy

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    my panties aint wadded. i just want to know about his study and whether its just cause to abandon ship on something that is working...

and i think if you asked an indian if he thought there would be better broadheads once we learned more about metals and made shafts out of something other than wood, they would be the first to tell you there was room for improvement.....
    Hence the reason they started shootin' rifles as soon as they learned they existed and could get their hands on them.

the studies that I have read and seen show how much more energy it takes to push a trocar tip, like muzzys, through hide vs a cut on contact head.

Doesn't mean they don't work. They do because most of us shoot heavy enough draw weights to punch 'em through. Once you drop down into lower draw weights almost everyone will tell you to go up in arrow weight and shoot a COC head for better penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Hence the reason they started shootin' rifles as soon as they learned they existed and could get their hands on them.

the studies that I have read and seen show how much more energy it takes to push a trocar tip, like muzzys, through hide vs a cut on contact head.

Doesn't mean they don't work. They do because most of us shoot heavy enough draw weights to punch 'em through. Once you drop down into lower draw weights almost everyone will tell you to go up in arrow weight and shoot a COC head for better penetration.

Agreed-But would something like a rib-bone, cause the trocar tips, to be better penetrators than the COC?

Just curious if that was covered in any of the studies. And if you remember.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Seems like the COC wouldn't do very good against bone??

I have never used them, and I know that the tip is the selling point on those BH's, just wondering if they make difference
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Agreed-But would something like a rib-bone, cause the trocar tips, to be better penetrators than the COC?

Just curious if that was covered in any of the studies. And if you remember.

Yes it's been tested and yes they do fine.

Muzzy and Tricks are great heads and one thing they have going for them is that the blades open every shot 100% of the time.

"Tanto tip" design is what the studies conclude is best. Grizzly broadhead is an example of that design.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Tanto was a good side kick.

Nice to know he's remembered.

Tanto say "kiss my ass I bought a boat and I'm going out to sea".

The best answer for killing and recovery,imho, is a combination of pin point accuracy and penetration.....period. Some do better in one area than others.

Dr. Catdaddy's study differs slightly from Dr. Ashley's study in that he shot all of his arrows into "live" shit. By doing this, he also tested blood trails and expiration distance. He only tested Rage 2 blade,Magnus Stinger 2 blade BuzzCuts ,Muzzy 2 blade Phantoms, and Slick Trick Standards.

Slick Tricks outperfomed the others in my personal study. I would post the link to the study, but it's graphic and watching it has made some throw up.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-10-2009 at 12:53 PM.

You couldn't tune to all those heads from the same rig if'n you tried ol man
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

dang it, boy.

there you go again making an absolute declaration that i cant wrap my tiny little brain around.

so...you have an arrow that is waaaaaaaaaay straighter than what tanto shot. you have different broadheads that weigh the exact same grains and are designed to fly true and straight. you have a bow that has wheels and such and shoots that arrow and broadhead might fast. explain to me how differently they can fly and WHY....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Me only k no w point and shoot
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    You couldn't tune to all those heads from the same rig if'n you tried ol man

I will admit I did have trouble tuning the Buzzcuts, but tuning is best done by guitar players and banjo pickers.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-10-2009 at 01:31 PM.

i can tune a gitfiddle...without a tuner.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Catdaddy is one of the few folks I respect and like enough to talk shit to....

What's hard to understand about that Mr. Tiny Brain?.....uh, er excuse me....Dr. Tiny Brain.

Study up on spine and what affects it. That is a pre-requisite to this course.

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post

Me only k no w point and shoot
    x2 yall need to however this is very

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    i can tune a gitfiddle...without a tuner.

x6

2th, I really don't give a damn if you believe me or not. Maybe you should try to shoot your'e bow a little mo' better. Or maybe just try to shoot them a little closer. I haven't lost one that I've shot at in years but I am real careful as to what shots I take and do pass up marginal shots.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Quote Originally Posted by skrimp View Post
    2th, I really don't give a damn if you believe me or not. Maybe you should try to shoot your'e bow a little mo' better. Or maybe just try to shoot them a little closer. I haven't lost one that I've shot at in years but I am real careful as to what shots I take and do pass up marginal shots.

you just stepped on your own wankie....write it down. sorry, man...I'm just sayin.

Probably right, but I'm not Obama and 2th ain't Rep. Wilson, who I agree with by the way.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Here's part of my study. The rest is more graphic.