Thread: Weekend report

Default Weekend report

Saturday was rough as far as the birds go. Had a great time with a cookout and such but about 20 guns only killed 60-70 birds. Hopefully they will be there in 2 weeks.

Monday........wacked and stacked'em. Shot a friends field and limited out in 70 minutes. Got there at 2:40 and was unloading the gun at 4:00. A ton of birds. Could have killed 3 limits.

Great weekend all around but hit and miss depending on where you were.......

How about ya'll?

PS- The most fun was watching Ginger improve everytime she got a bird and watching my fiance kill her first limit.
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 09-08-2009 at 09:58 AM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

From what I have heard from everyone is that it was a hit and miss opening day. Heard from a few people who say they had good numbers a few days before opening day and nothing on opening day.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

didnt go opening day. Went yesterday and it was good. Killed my limit in about 1 1/2 hours, and when i was leaving the field they were starting to fly real good. The ones that came in flying with the wind were kinda hard to shot, but the ones that came in against the wind were sitting ducks. Good day though.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

White Quacker and his dad and came up to my field on sat and we had a great shoot! ended up cleaning 78 birds and had 3-4 people take their limits home with them! We also had 3 kids shoot their first birds. Had a great cookout afterwards with lots of family and friends. Then monday sucked! I had about 6-7 friends come back out and we saw less than 30 birds and shot 9.

That field I got the invite to looked like a slow day in Argentina.

Not really but there were an ass of birds.

I killed one so little it still had pieces of shell stuck in the feathers.

limited out saturday on one field and shot skeet on monday due to lack of birds on a different field