Bible Study Verse:

Hebrews12:1

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (NIV)

Thoughts:

The WWJD bracelets of the 1980's were designed to give our youth a visible reminder of the fact of the Lord's presence with us as we live day by day. For me those bracelets usually reminded me how far short I continually fell of living out the teachings of Christ in my daily life. Failures in my Christian walk gnawed at me not only because of what I saw as a lack of positive growth with God but because I viewed myself as often being a hindrance to other believers around me. One day, praying about the problem, the Lord allowed me to visualize Christ's crucifixion, my own sin having made his sacrifice necessary and my own hands having actually driven the spikes into his hands and feet. It was if I saw Jesus, the perfect Lamb of God, for the first time in my mind's eye. He did the work! That experience left me with the resolve to purposely reflect on who He was and what He did at the beginning of each day. In doing that I have been able to overcome old habits, actions, and attitudes. Keep your eyes on Jesus! He paid it all!
(Rick K)

Action Point:

Realize and utilize the fact that we have no strength of our own. Our spiritual strength is found in Christ living in us, and victorious Christian living can only be achieved by our dependence on Him.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day:

A hunt is not like a sprint, but rather more like an endurance run. Pray, prepare and plan your day, visualize your goal, pace yourself, but most of all enjoy yourself.