Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dove Field Etiquette

Haha haha!!!! I forgot about Natchez. Good folks there too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Midway and Rogers ain't too shabby
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Congrats. You will get no less than 3 PMs and he will post and then go back and delete all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nitro I understand. But you, I don't understand. You roll in from nowhere. How have you gotten your feelings hurt again? Must be a hero thing again.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    It takes a lot to really piss me off, that happened Friday late afternoon.. if anyone was earshot of my main parking lot they would have blushed.

Attachment 57921
    Nice. These are the same shells I hunt ptarmigan and chukar with. I got 10 cases last week.

It’s officially almost dove season as of today.

Just got the text “y’all plant a dove field this year??”

And when I said “no, we didn’t plant this year, I joined a dove club instead” i get the reply back “can you take a guest?”
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

"no guests the first few weeks"
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Shoot low birds to have the field to yourself. Works great on public land!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

ahem
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Make sure u shoot at everything that comes within 100 yards of you and shoot at all birds entering field from your back. Public land pro tip.
    Low country redneck who moved north

When someone walks out to get the bird you obviously killed holler “great shot!” and keep shooting.

Are shorts acceptable?

If so, what footwear?

Is a camp hat too much?

Excessive to go all camo?

If so, how young does a kid have to be to be able to go all camo?

Decoys acceptable?

Mojo?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I've only worn shorts a few times. But I wear tasteful shorts, and I just might have on a pair Sunday.. Bonobos active khaki shorts, theyre comfy, not the highland golf shorts. But, the shirt will be khaki, Filson featherweight, the perfect dove shirt..

Mojos or decoys are a full fucking no go the first few weeks. I want to shoot everyone I see and make the owners cry. You're either a dip shit, blindly oblivious to anything proper.. or an arrogant ass I will not shake hands with if you bring mojos into a field you don't own or was asked.

I've only worn shorts a few times. But I wear tasteful shorts, and I just might have on a pair Sunday.. Bonobos active khaki shorts, theyre comfy, not the highland golf shorts. But, the shirt will be khaki, Filson featherweight, the perfect dove shirt..

Mojos or decoys are a full fucking no go the first few weeks. I want to shoot everyone I see and make the owners cry. You're either a dip shit, blindly oblivious to anything proper.. or an arrogant ass I will not shake hands with if you bring mojos into a field you don't own or was asked.
    I know you would never be caught dead in a public field, but what is your stance on mojos in a public wma field? What if it’s like 5 or 6 and some ground decoys like what you would see for a barley field in Canada for ducks.

My brother and I had this discussion yesterday...curious on the groups thoughts.
    I think it would be a sight to see and funny as hell.

In public? I think it would make the day even more dangerous. They cause low birds, then mix in idiots and you've got problems.

They work, they'll move birds.. so if it's winter, spread out in a field that's cool. I think they're rude because they'll change patterns in a field, to me that's not cool unless you own it. You take the time for everything getting ready, put out people accordingly, then some ass is selfish enough to think it's all about him. That's okay for me after a few weeks if hunter numbers are down and less birds.

but Boozer.. if my weather ap didn't catch the gonorrheas, it might in the 80's this weekend, so shorts might be a "no" for me. but it's not like 2th will be there to witness so..

We took a different approach to mojo's since it seemed everyone would show up with them, not to mention they can make doves dive bomb and just create more low bird scenarios. So, we take 4 or 5, hang them in the center of the field from the powerlines, 25ft off the ground. If a dove wants to go to a mojo, he's gonna have to hit the center of the field to get to it, and everyone in the field benefits from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    We took a different approach to mojo's since it seemed everyone would show up with them, not to mention they can make doves dive bomb and just create more low bird scenarios. So, we take 4 or 5, hang them in the center of the field from the powerlines, 25ft off the ground. If a dove wants to go to a mojo, he's gonna have to hit the center of the field to get to it, and everyone in the field benefits from it.
    yep

typically I get annoyed with the first season of doves.. I mean I have fun, but a lot of times you've just got "hunters" that come out that view hunting really anything as just an activity. that shit just burns me up, the bird gifters, the non lookers, the everythings that are wrong with bird hunting. the red worms in a coffee can kinda people

and ducks too.. but this is a dove sub forum

Don't forget to pay close attention to your hounds. Know what to do and what not to do when your dog gets too hot...