Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dove recipes

I'm not getting down on you ya sensitive fucker. My question is...What is the advantage of saving the entire bird?
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    I'm not getting down on you ya sensitive fucker. My question is...What is the advantage of saving the entire bird?
    some people just aren't a fan of white meat

Man! I had to go pop a few off the power line to get my fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Man! I had to go pop a few off the power line to get my fix.
    Man yea how did you cook them?

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post

I like the taste of them fried with the skin on. And sitting around chewing the meat off the legs and wings. Kind of like eating a whole fried bream instead of a bass fillet.

Picking them only takes a couple of extra minutes.

It should be against the law to put anything on dove other than salt and pepper. Filet and sear or grill to mid rare. Make yourself a nice, light sauce. Say something like a little chicken or game stock with a shot of red wine, reduced down til itll hold an edge and hit with some fresh herbs. Top that with some caramelized Vidalias. Bacon is a fine companion, but too much is a bad thing in this case( usually I would never say such a thing). Doves flavor is very delicate and you don't want to lose it in the smokeyness of the bacon. Alittle in your sauce will suffice, or cook down your onions with rendered bacon fat.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    It should be against the law to put anything on dove other than salt and pepper. Filet and sear or grill to mid rare. Make yourself a nice, light sauce. Say something like a little chicken or game stock with a shot of red wine, reduced down til itll hold an edge and hit with some fresh herbs. Top that with some caramelized Vidalias. Bacon is a fine companion, but too much is a bad thing in this case( usually I would never say such a thing). Doves flavor is very delicate and you don't want to lose it in the smokeyness of the bacon. Alittle in your sauce will suffice, or cook down your onions with rendered bacon fat.

Alright that's it we all need to take our cleaned birds to Fois Gras and let him cook them for us. By they way, I made a pretty good dove,duck,chicken and sausage purlo last year. Maybe we need to get together between the split and cook'em up.
    Last edited by Riggs; 08-21-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Put a full length, deep slice done each side of the breast bone, creating two pockets. Dice jalapenos and mix with cream cheese - stuff into pockets and then wrap the breast with bacon to close pockets back up, locking the cream cheese and diced jalapenos inside the bird. Cook on charcoal grill. Real good and simple.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 08-21-2009 at 07:37 AM.