Thread: zeiss product broken

Default zeiss product broken

so i picked up a zeiss scope for this season. had talley hang it on my rifle, they put the boresighter on the gun and the scope was dead on without having to roll the knobs even 1 click. go to scope it in yesterday between hunts and it was shooting 5 inches low. rolled the knob up to bring it up, still shot low. rolled it up another 20 clicks and it was still cloverleafing the origional holes. ended up maxing out the scope trying to bring it all the way up. still shot 5 inches low. came to the conclusion that the reticle is actually stuck.

i know they are covered under a lifetime warranty however has anybody ever had to send back a zeiss product? how long am i looking till i get my scope back? I got a few options to carry in the woods till i get it back however its the new toy and wanted to take a deer with the new setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Damn man that sucks. Hope it all works out good for you. Keep us posted.
    RIP shooterchris

High Tide 1503 Super-V w/ 60 Merc
    Skeeter SX190 w/ 150 Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Clemsonwoodie View Post
    Bigfoot is not a "true gentleman " he is a "Damn gentleman "
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Mother of God SC is one damn fine ball team.

ive never had a problem with any zeiss product. always found them to be pretty damn reliable. Send it back, thats one of the reasons they are expensie is because of their no hassle lifetime warranty....send it back and no questions asked...get a new one or fix it
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

I know this is dumb but on my zeiss you have to pull up the knob to actually get the clicks to actually move the sight.

i wish that was the problem, when i pull up the knob, i can still spin it however there are no clicks.

The scope is a conquest so its not like i threw 2k in for a big diavari or anything, but still.....

Conquest or Diavari?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

conquest.....

my question IS IT REALLY worth ALL that $$$$$$$$

zeiss,...yes absolutly. now i can hardly tell a difference between the diavari vs the conquest....other than the 1000 plus price difference.

Did you hunt with it before you sighted it in?

Quote Originally Posted by PAPPAKILO View Post
    my question IS IT REALLY worth ALL that $$$$$$$$
    dont know about their scopes, but i assure you their binos and spotting scopes are well worth the money.

good luck on the repairs, i'd bet it will be fairly painless.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

against my better judgement i did hunt without completly sighting it in, everything on the boresiter, i shot it last week and i was low and left. put it on the boresighter and pulled it up and over to dead on thursday night. i sat in my office at 330am saturday morning and moved a sako to get to the 700. Once i found out of the issues i carried my buddys Jarrett in the stand.

I agree with sprigdog on the spotting scopes. Ellet Brothers had their annual booking show at the fairgrounds, and the Zeiss rep. had a spotting scope set up. I took a look through it, and was blown away. I could read the fine print on the Thermacell boxes that were set up about 60 yds away with no problems. I backed up two booths and looked through Bushnell's spotting scope at the same display, and it was as different as night and day. Hate to hear the Zeiss is giving you issues. They're a damn good product overall.

zeiss is well worth the money.... it is a night and day difference.
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

NBK Pro-staff

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

You should get it back pretty quick.

On the bore sighting thing. You should NEVER depend on boresighting without shooting the rifle with your hunting ammo. I can usually align it better by looking through the bore than sticking a darn boresighting tool in my barrel. Boresighting will usually get you on paper, but that is about it. Heck even changing loads can change POI several inches @100 yards. This is elementary stuff!!
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I think it is humerous when guys go to a 25 yard range, usually indoors, and rely on the zero they get there based on the bullet specs and think they are going to hit a 100 yards. Or the folks that pay someone else to sight in their rifle for them.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    You should get it back pretty quick.

On the bore sighting thing. You should NEVER depend on boresighting without shooting the rifle with your hunting ammo. I can usually align it better by looking through the bore than sticking a darn boresighting tool in my barrel. Boresighting will usually get you on paper, but that is about it. Heck even changing loads can change POI several inches @100 yards. This is elementary stuff!!
    I always buy SEVERAl boxes of the same ammo that I use when sighting the rifle.

Couple years ago I tried to head-shoot a doe @ 100yds +/- and missed.......2x. Nezt day I shot paper to see what the deal was..... Wasn't using the core-lokts that I normally shoot, I was using Hornadys that I grabbed by mistake,,,,,which I might add are very SHITTY

NBK Pro-staff

Never had a problem with my zeiss.. Send it back.. i would expect that you would get it back in no more than 2 weeks...