Thread: Dove dog primer

Default Dove dog primer

Took Penny out yesterday morning while it was still cool to do a little dove refresher. Went to a 2 acre field that's knee to waist high with sericea, johnson grass, various other damn weeds and a couple clusters of honey locust. I had a frozen bird and a dokken dove in case she lost the frozen one. I handed Tot a box of shells and let him do the firing...he was happy. Long story short, the crazy ass dog found everything I threw in a rather timely fashion...even tossed a few back into the woods where there was no way in hell she could follow the fall. She done good so I took her to Hardees and got her a couple sausage biscuits
    Last edited by Tater; 08-15-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Cool deal tater! I did the same thing with Ginger the other day and the darn thing did better than she was doing at the end of the season last year. She was doing great. Even tried to mess her up by throwing two frozen doves aand a duck dummy in three different directions. About 8-10 minutes later I had all of them at my feet.......I'm ready to bust some real ones now.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

After the dismal season we had up here last year I thought she might of forgotten how, but like Ginger she did better.