Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NWTF Rumors

Default NWTF Rumors

Anyone else hearing the rumblings that the NWTF is in t-r-o-u-b-l-e and is likely to lose their 501c3 designation???

Sounds like the sunshine might be burning them up.

Not much would surprise me, they are an organization with some deep issues imho.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Not aware of that- interesting- have anything to do with Rob Keck leaving???
    In loving memory- KVP 1961-2009
    "Sooner or later the man who wins is the Man who thinks he Can!!!!!" Thanks Nor!!!

Better check your source.

No such thing taking place. I can guarantee it.

What do you guys have against the NWTF??????
    Originally Posted by Rubberhead*
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

HRCH Riptide's Hydrophilic Hammertime (HYDRO)

nothing, just hearing rumblings... couldn't care one way or the other.

Haven't heard a thing but I will be in edgefield tomorrow and was thinkin about stoppin by
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Hell I don't even know why they carry the 501c3 (Non Profit) title.........but I am grateful for the founders of the NWTF for what they done to bring back the bird in strength as they did.......now as far as the Organization they have become of late that's where I find distaste..............hopefully things are on the turn-around and they are getting back to their roots..........
    Last edited by ccleroy; 08-05-2009 at 10:57 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

tradorion Coots

x327 what Leroy said.

for what they did i am very greatful... for what they became- I am saddened.

What is the NWTF doing that you find distasteful? I might be able to change whatever it is.

Can't change it if we don't know what it is.

If our non-profit status is being challenged I don't know about it and I'm an Assistant VP. We have been the target of a lot of false claims since the big reorg (happened over a year ago now). I'm not sure what folks are trying to gain because when we become divided in the conservation world, we all lose.

We [the NWTF] are trying very, very hard to undo any perceived wrongs and move forward to better serve our members and make our organization more relevant to the turkey hunters in SC and across the country.

Your input is appreciated. I'd like to know how many folks on this site are members of the NWTF and if not why....
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

They've done a good job up here without them we'd not have had the birds restored.Mind you I'd not have broke my wrist this spring if it wasn't for them either.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

My thoughts on the Keck, Brown , and Rosenlieb situation are just that my thoughts and ramblings but many others have the same as I.....I can say that I have never heard anything negative about these 3 only positive tones about them all........I am a strong supporter of the NWTF but here's where I get lost.

From an outside member looking in at what was publicly released that Keck made left me with a strong lack of respect for a "Non Profit Org"(but that is coming from a good ole' boy)....Also with all the him-hawing about the reason behind the Brown and Rosenlieb firings it's hard to gather from all that where the truth lies........as members there should be no worry of misappropriation of funds (if there was any)........so many versions of the story have unfolded on my ears I have tuned it all out.......was there an evil conspiracy of the board against them or was there in fact hands in the cookie jar? We may never know.........I even asked the Director of Field Op's over our chapter about the allegations and was met by "I dunno"..........with that being said I hope as it seems all that is in the past and with the NWTF under new management they can regain the focus on what it should be as you posted
    We [the NWTF] are trying very, very hard to undo any perceived wrongs and move forward to better serve our members and make our organization more relevant to the turkey hunters in SC and across the country.

P.S.- I have one juvenile complaint to add.......over my membership period with the NWTF I have received only 2 Turkey Call magazines/year......they seem to fall right after my banquet and right before the next a year later........and have yet to receive a membership packet......I have even called HQ's multiple times trying to straighten the situation out and everytime they tell me "it's corrected and it's on the way"...........lol..............

Heres a nice little site I go to just for some other facts.................http://www.takebackthenwtf.com/Facts.html
    Last edited by ccleroy; 08-06-2009 at 08:51 AM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

same gos for me on the mag. and packet

Lets have the straight poop about what really happened with the big three leaving and put an end to speculation. I was a member for a number of years but whenever you asked for information from the NWTF they always turned a deaf ear to the request. While I know that Michael Waddell and Sarah Valentine are good people I think they are spread too thin to do their jobs as spokes persons for this big of an organization. Like to know what their salaries are as well if you could let me know Ecopredator.

I am not a member and never have been a member. I have also never attended any of the local banquets, so I have no personal experience with the organization at all. I have heard many discussions about the organization which gives me an idea about how others perceive it, and to most people, perception is reality. I think part of the problems with the NWTF stem from some of the local banquets that are held. I always hear about the raffles that are "rigged", so that certain people will win the firearms. The discussions that are held about the raffles that can sometimes get heated in front of the guests that are there. There is also the belief that the people running the show (even at the local levels) are benefitting from the organization. The amount of alcohol that is consumed at the banquets also comes up in conversation. Again, I don't know first hand how true any of this is, but I know many people that attend these banquets and a lot of them tell the same stories and share these same beliefs. To me some of this stuff seems a little petty, but I guess for those spending money and attending the functions, it is a big deal. For most people, this is the only exposure to the organization that they are going to get, and it puts a bad taste in their mouth.

Thanks for the feed back. We are working through some of the membership issues you mentioned. That was one of the things that was not being handled very "effectively" by the past administration. Some might even say that it was one of the straws on the camels back...... Long story short, we are fixing it. If you have problems call us and let us know or send me a pm. I will get it fixed asap.

The whole perceived scandal we had last year really hurt our image more than anything else. The conservation side of the NWTF is stronger than ever and we continue to do more habitat work in the SE than any other conservation group. That's habitat work for not only turkeys, but quail, deer, ducks, migratory songbirds, etc.

There was a TON of misinformation posted on the internet, in newspapers, etc about the whole management change (the site you have listed above has a lot of half truths and "opinions" posted as gospel). Unfortunately due to pending lawsuits the NWTF was not and still is not at liberty to devulge any of the real details. I can assure that nothing "illegal" happened that would compromise our 501c3 status. That's all I can really say as an employee. Wish I could say a lot more because the truth, as they say, would set us free......lots of folks would say, OK, now I see why that happened and I'm cool with that....if you didn't do your job as expected and directed would you expect to stay employed??? enough said??

I truly wish that everyone would get past this bump in the road. The NWTF is and was about more than a few employees or celebrities. We are now focused more than ever on our grassroots volunteers. We are redifining our relevance and more dedicated to our mission than ever before.

Our bread and butter was restoring wild turkeys to every nook and cranny of the country. By working with and through the state wildlife agencies, we have all been hugely successful in that endeavor. Now we want to make sure that not only do you have turkeys to hunt, we also want you to have a place to hunt, the ability to hunt them, and lots and lots of them to pursue..... for not only you, but for generations that will come long after us. I think if you look at what is going on right now in SC through the NWTF you will be impressed.

Don't let a few overblown salary figures and misinformed busy bodies ruin what the NWTF stands for and continues to push harder than any other NGO. We're better than ever and we'll weathering this economic storm with your help.

Sorry for the soap box.

Grew up going to NWTF banquets, the majority of my room at home is decorated in NWTF banquet purchases and winnings. I've won a .22 and a .410.

I think when the court cases are over we will see the truth come out and there will be logical reasons behind the majority of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Lets have the straight poop about what really happened with the big three leaving and put an end to speculation. I was a member for a number of years but whenever you asked for information from the NWTF they always turned a deaf ear to the request.
    If your job was to listen to the membership, make the necessary changes to remain relevant and supportive, and provide the best service possible and you didn't do those things to the satisfaction of your boss what do you think would happen....?? Enough said?

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    While I know that Michael Waddell and Sarah Valentine are good people I think they are spread too thin to do their jobs as spokes persons for this big of an organization. Like to know what their salaries are as well if you could let me know
    I have no idea how much they make. I'm a conservation guy and don't deal in those contracts. However, I will say this, both of these folks are as good as they come and prolly don't get paid enough no matter how much it is! They will be great ambassadors for our organization and I think we've already seen a very positive change in perception from working with Michael and Brenda. If they are bringing more folks together for wildlife conservation and hunting heritage it's hard to put a price tag on that!

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    to most people, perception is reality. For most people, this [banquets] is the only exposure to the organization that they are going to get, and it puts a bad taste in their mouth.
    Excellent observation. We have heard this all over the country and while we know we can't please everyone all the time...we are trying to please most people MOST of the time with our banquet procedures.

I totally agree that in the past there were some activities taking place at events that my grandma probably would have been ashamed of.... AND I agree that key members of the management were not listening to the members when they brought these issues to their attention......once again, not saying that was a straw....but maybe yall are starting to see that camel bend just a little.....

If you've attended a recent NWTF event I hope you've seen a fresh new approach to things and if you haven't let me know. We are working EXTREMELY hard to make sure people who attend our events leave with several things front and center in their minds

1) The NWTF is a class act with faith, family, country and conservation foremost and up front in their mission and their actions

2) The NWTF is spending the money we raise in a way that will help conservation and hunting heritage for not only you, but for generations to come.

3) Whether you won something or not, you knew that that the money you provided will go to support the things you love and cherish. Hunting and Conservation.

If we're not doing that then we are failing.

Our new CEO, who by the way is an extremely talented business man and leader, said it best "if we're trying to just have a party there are tons of bars and night clubs right down the road that can throw a much better party than we can. We are a conservation organization and we need to be about conservation and for conservation. Period."

Come and see the "new" NWTF. If you don't agree it's better let me know.

I was a member for many years and Im strongly considering joining again.
    But with all that's went on with the Keck situation Im still undecided. I can understand not divulging the information to non-members but any card carrying, due's paying member should have the right to know what goes on with it's board/board members. Full disclosure should not only be expected but granted. I and Im sure most here would not blindly give their money to any one group or org.
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>