Thread: dove hunts/fields?

Default dove hunts/fields?

Anyone got planted fields and/or organized hunts near Richland, Sumter, Clarendon, or Lee Counties (Midlands area)? If so and are willing to share, lemme know please.

No stupid or smartass replies needed! If you have space for an extra guy and a 10 year old nephew just pm me. Will pay if need be or if membership is required. Weekend or weekday hunts are fine.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-05-2009 at 10:43 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Anyone got planted fields and/or organized hunts near Richland, Sumter, Clarendon, or Lee Counties (Midlands area)? If so and are willing to share, lemme know please.

No stupid or smartass replies needed! If you have space for an extra guy and a 10 year old nephew just pm me. Will pay if need be or if membership is required. Weekend or weekday hunts are fine.

Thanks in advance!

i would also be interested except stupid and smartass remarks are welcome . i would ask however that you keep the dumb looks to a minimum.

thanks

pap

Any clubs that need a another paying member, any county? Somebody, anybody, thrown me a bone here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

There are some killer public shoots available......I ain't scared of a public shoot for doves. The DNR biologists do a jam up job growing groceries for the birds too. Just read up on the rules, especially when hunting with a youth. He's got to be within arms reach at all times.

It's better to go with some buddies and stake out a stretch of field so the kids can get some shooting. My youngest will sit in the middle of a field in 100 degree heat to kill his birds.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Just read up on the rules, especially when hunting with a youth. He's got to be within arms reach at all times.

that shot can travel a HELLUVA lot further than "arms length" though!!!

KNO DAT
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by romeocadet08 View Post
    that shot can travel a HELLUVA lot further than "arms length" though!!!

KNO DAT
    I think "arms length" refers to the child's firearm and being within easy reach of the gun / muzzle for proper muzzle control.

Last year my son walked to the edge of the field to take a leak and was followed back by and undercover Fed GW. I proceeded to recieve a chewing about not keeping my boy at arms length, under my control and how I could receive a $400 fine. I was "ignorant" of this rule....that was my fault, won't happen again and would hate to see someone else get a fine. We had a fun shoot regardless, I just hate being "threatened" by a GW, leaves a tad sour spot to an otherwise great day.

BTW, my "child" has been in the field since he could walk (14 years old now) these rules are made to apply to the masses and I needed to understand that.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill