Thread: Fallen Conservation Ranger Finally Honored After 42 Years

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Fallen Conservation Ranger Finally Honored After 42 Years

Fallen Conservation Ranger Finally Honored After 42 Years

Fallen conservation ranger William Hobbs of Blakely, Ga., finally got the recognition he deserves, as the details of his case came together after 42 years.

Hobbs was shot while on duty on July 9, 1967 while assisting a local sheriff's office. His name is now on two memorials, one in Washington D.C. and one in Forsyth, Ga. at the Georgia Public Safety Training Center, dedicated to law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.

Hobbs was asked by one of the deputies to accompany him to a residence where a man, Aaron Bankston, was bothering a woman who rented some of Hobbs' property, according to the Outdoor Wire.

As the officers walked up to the house, Bankston shot them through the screen door. Hobbs was hit in the face and blinded as he fell back into the yard. The deputy, also hit, fled on foot. Bankston came out of the house and shot Hobbs several times with the officer's own revolver.

Hobbs was taken to the hospital, but died 10 days later from his injuries.

Other officers responded to the scene, and after a standoff, Bankston was killed.

"I know, even after such a long time, that the recognition of Ranger Hobbs' service and dedication was important to his family," said Col. Terry West, chief of law enforcement. "I am grateful that we could be part of the effort to have his name forever etched in the memorials along with other fallen heroes."
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Good post Merg. My Great Grandfather was a GA Ranger(GW) in the 40'&50"s. I only have one picture of him and he's not in uniform but I did get his name.