Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SCDucks Dove Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    so no field trialers?
    My dogs would embarrass them. Particularly the 9 year old Springer.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

i have a good friend that leases and prepares dove fields, in dillon/florence/marlboro co. not sure of his prices, but i know he makes good money. I can talk to him but we need to get on the ball, before people start puting in for next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Has anybody looked at liability insurance rates for this sort of thing? The farmer would need to look at this as well to protect himself.

The club could absorb this cost with membership dues increased to accomidate the cost. That could thin out membership though. Could be a good thing, could be bad.

Second the dog control, beer drinking, one leader, iron-clad rules suggestions.

What about 4 wheelers back and forth in the fields, transportation to and from your spot? Bag limit restrictions to include guest(s) of a member, if this will be a season wide deal? How will a member chose his spot....pull pegs beforehand?

Should Todd Ellis be allowed to be heard over a radio within 5 miles of the field on any given saturday?!!! HEHEHE

I'm in.

i'm in.

Like Jay-Z, money ain't a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Quote Originally Posted by cudexter View Post
    i'm in.

Like Jay-Z, money ain't a thing.

Play on playaaaaa

how bout breakling me off some cheese?

Managing the resource (doves) is part and parcel to the rules thing... you have to be careful not to overshoot the field. And that means limiting shooting access and times. Research has told me that 2 - 2.5 hours per shoot is what you should be doing.. lingering in the field just keeps birds out that would come in to feed.

Also, personal experience has shown that it is important to NOT shoot a field in the morning until at least the last shoot of the first split. I didn't abide by that when I ran a dove club once, was advised not to do it, did it, and the field was never right again that year.

If we get this much interest, we're gonna need to get a good bit of land/fields. I will happily help in whatever way I can. Except lead it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

But Swamp Rat - you got the experience man......be like digging up old nightmares to come haunt you again.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

To do this right and have birds we are looking at 400 bucks per gun. That means no guests, and no unpaid older kids. No shooting your kids doves for him. Shoots on every saturday of all three seasons. all members prepaid by first of April so seed and fertilizer is bought and paid for. One dictator to control us all. Overdrinking, overshooting, overlyshitty dog work and you are gone.............................I love it. Count me in.
    UH SHR "Lily" CH
    HR Promise
    SHR Piper
    SHR Maizey
    UH SHR Story
    UH SHR Ever
    SHR Hal
    SHR Rumor

i like the idea of paying the farmer to plant and could possibly come up with some fields in york and chester county. i would like to be considered for membership. i think once you see me you would want me included. i am very pretty.

pap