Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SCDucks Dove Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    I've been involved in a "come one come all" annual fund raiser dove hunt before, and although profitable, it is a huge headache and an even bigger liability.

I say we tighten the circle and increase each person's ante. it could be an scducks dove club instead....limited number of members. First come first served in terms of membership with a waiting list.

first come, first serve based on the terms of who puts the money up first...once a certain quota of members is met then the waiting list starts.......Assuming there will be work days in the preparation of the fields......if a member misses ANY of the work days he will forfeit his membership and will be refunded his money and the first person on the waiting list will get the go-ahead......and so forth
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

MM:

are you going to coordinate it since you brought the idea to the table? just wondering...
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

NBK Pro-staff

Count me in. I have a tractor I wouldn't mind haulling if it isn't to extremely far away.

Default dove hunt

i would like to hear some more details on this dove hunt if it sounds good enough i will consider it.

Sounds like fun to me

i like the possibility of having 2-3 different fields and a rotation... but that could be a head ache like many have mentioned.

NBK Pro-staff

better get a big field

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Duckhntr has a good idea. Simply make it an SCDucks club and lease several fields. Looks like we have plenty of people willing to participate. And this way we could have fields scattered across the state making access easier for everyone.

As for planting our own field(s) more I thought about that the more complex the logistics seemed. But if we lease several fields and pay the owners to plant them, we could pull that off easily with the right money I think.

I'll start another post and see who has available fields or knows someone who would plant and lease a field to post up the details.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 07-29-2009 at 06:15 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

sounds good.

NBK Pro-staff

good idea MM , count me in

I'd be interested as well.

Count me in as well

A good field is expensive and alot of work. We have a 35 acre field with 20 members. At $500 a head with high fuel and chemical costs its break even. We plant alternating rows od roundup ready sunflowers corn and millet. LOTS of folks want to shoot but the herd will get thin when its time to pay up.

Count me in. Sounds like a blast. Would be a good chance for some of us newer members to put some faces with names too.
    RIP shooterchris

High Tide 1503 Super-V w/ 60 Merc
    Skeeter SX190 w/ 150 Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Clemsonwoodie View Post
    Bigfoot is not a "true gentleman " he is a "Damn gentleman "
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Mother of God SC is one damn fine ball team.

If you plant it i will come.

Sounds good.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Hightech1953,
    why do you have 1953 in your handle? Is that your birth year?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I see lots of problems coming. On paper this is a good idea. In the real world this could be a large cluster fuck. Just my 2 cents. I'll just sit this one out and watch how it plays out.. Good luck...
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

I don't see this working out. Of course everyone is like "oh hell yeah count me in." When it comes down to it there will be only about a quarter of you who follow through. Cluster fuck is more than likely and understatement.

A quarter sounds like a good number, only need folks that are gonna be serious, and SAFE any way. I think most of us are just looking for a safe place to hunt,for us and the kids, not to be bothered, and have a decent shoot, and most folks dont mind paying for peace of mind. If people act like they've got some sense, dont see where it would be a cluster ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.