Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: shooting set up

archery shop in summerville

haha

i do believe i set it up

shoot good?

Couldn't be happier!! 23 more days until i'll get a chance to break it in.

awesome man awesome

glad you like it..

just added a string "stabilizer" and it really made a difference w vibration and noise. Im not expert enough (as some of the youngsters on here claim to be) to feel and hear subtle differnces but I could definitely hear and feel the difference w this. im talking about a dampener that my string hits once it releases the arrow at the level of where the string is when not drawn...not 100% sure what it is called.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

STS, string tamer, something of that sort..

You can make a string suppressors pretty cheap, a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a $40 sts. If you have a rear threaded bushing that is. Just buy a cobra threaded cable rod($11) and buy any string suppressor end(SIms makes one that is supposed to be pretty good for $9). Just measure from the rear bushing to the string, cut it. Sand the edges down, and put the suppressor end in. Thats it. All for about $20, and it has a neater, more custom look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    You can make a string suppressors pretty cheap, a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a $40 sts. If you have a rear threaded bushing that is. Just buy a cobra threaded cable rod($11) and buy any string suppressor end(SIms makes one that is supposed to be pretty good for $9). Just measure from the rear bushing to the string, cut it. Sand the edges down, and put the suppressor end in. Thats it. All for about $20, and it has a neater, more custom look to it.
    or you could support your local shops.

either way works..

I understand supporting the local shops. But I'm not made of money, and sure as hell not going to pay twice as much for something that I can make on my own. However, the parts I used to make my string suppressor came from my local shop.

supporting local business of any sort is fine. but not just for the sake of it. It is a 2 way street. Personal, professional, friendly service goes along way. I can only speak for me, I am not looking for a deal or a steal, just fair and honest treatment and a noncondescending attitude. One of the benefits of "local" is feeling like you are valued as a customer and wanted for the long term not just what they can get you for this time in the store.

b-stick ur a bow guy do u know if there is any way to get a 31" cam for a Switchback XT my brother has one and needs a longer draw lenght. HE has a 30" one now.

Quote Originally Posted by PineIsland View Post
    b-stick ur a bow guy do u know if there is any way to get a 31" cam for a Switchback XT my brother has one and needs a longer draw lenght. HE has a 30" one now.

The longest Cam change is the one he has.............you can add longer D-loop to add the 1" DL change.........but as far as the cam goes he's got all he gonna get.........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I know this question was directed at b-stick, but since he's not logged on right now, I will tell you that the switchback xt only goes to a 30" cam.

http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-S...-287.asp#specs

There might be a way to get a little more out of it by playing with the cables(twisting), but I'm not a bow expert.

thats what i told him but he wanted me to ask anyway. thanks u guys. Big help.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I can't see through it then it's too late to be shootin' anyway.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by PineIsland View Post
    all the other replies are right..

longer loop.

shoot the bow backed out..

and its better to shoot something shorter than longer..

clothes get in the way i shoot half inch shorter than what i am.

Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    There might be a way to get a little more out of it by playing with the cables(twisting), but I'm not a bow expert.
    twisting the cables would increase poundage and to keep it in time you must twist the string which therefore would shorten draw length..you could go to a longer string being longer 1/8-1/4in but you will lose some of your cam effiency.

BUT keeping a single cam bow in time is not as big of a deal as a 2 cam bow..my bow is way out of time but its more efficent the way it is..

to feel the difference you really have to shoot everyday and be able to twist and untwist your cables and tweak everything to feel it..

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    x2
    Believe me, I get the ethical question of shooting late. I do think there is a window of time (for me) no matter how brief where I could not justify shooting through my peep but if I looked above it (simulating a set up w no peep) I could see the deer well enough to take an ethical shot at. I did NOT in that instance bc my bow wasnt set up to aim like that. That is when i went back to no peep site as i did when i first started and had no peep site

I'm the most deadly predator in the woods due to my insane night vision........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/