Thread: High Tide: Side vs Center Console

Default High Tide: Side vs Center Console

I just acquire a High Tide Super-V 1503 that has a side console. It's going to the plastic surgeon for a make over next week.... paint and a few other upgrades. I'm definitely going to replace the console, as it's cut up pretty good from use over the years.

So my decision is....... Should I convert it to a center console or retain the side console configuration?????

Primary use will be as an inshore saltwater fishing boat and a duck hunting boat.

Has anyone every done this??? Thoughts??? Comments??? (oh hell!!)
    UH HR Fist Full of Dollars MH NCH05 (Cash)
    HRCH Ravenwood's Miss Moneypenny JH (Penny)
    SHR Pocotaligo's Cash Advance JH (Vance)
    Winter Storm Advisory (Chilly)

Just me, but, I wouldnt consider a console of any type for a 1503.

If I was to put a console in a 16' or 17' High Tide, it would be an offset "center". Give you the best of both worlds...bring you off the gunnel a bit, and also, free up some deck space while allowing two people to sit in the back.

The 15's are notoriously wet, and if you give yourself a side console and a starboard side cross wind, best have a rain jacket on board. Again, just my opinion.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

console of any kind will eat up most of your space.

yeah i'd put a tiller on it. Maybe about a 90, it would be fun. My 40 is itchin for some mods!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I've already had a High Tide with a 40hp tiller..... sold it last March...... Bought the side console this week. Neck and shoulder injuries from roadracing motorcyles limit and/or causes great discomfort to operate a tiller for any period of time.

I think I will just leave it as a side console, unless I change my mind before next week.

This one has a 60hp motor on it compared to the 40hp tiller..... HUGE difference!!! Doesn't even seem like the same boat. Love it!!
    Last edited by Riverdog; 07-10-2009 at 12:39 PM.
    UH HR Fist Full of Dollars MH NCH05 (Cash)
    HRCH Ravenwood's Miss Moneypenny JH (Penny)
    SHR Pocotaligo's Cash Advance JH (Vance)
    Winter Storm Advisory (Chilly)

Riverdog, post up some before pics. Make the update and bring it on down to Savannah we'll do the High Tide-Boykin thing.

GRHRCH UH Saint Thomas Chief MHR
    HRCH 1500 Points Club
    2010 BSS National Open Champion
    Only Boykin to ever pass Master Nationals

leave it..

it works fine..

i hunted out of it to many times..

I just bought a side console 15ft HT with a 50 Merc on it myself. I love it so far, plus it hauls asssssss!
    Loose Cuda/Whip Cream Bikini Cruiser Captain

Being a Clemson fan is alot like AIDS..... it sucks and there's not much you can do about it.

Keep it a side console. You will have much more room to put stuff on the floor. I would also agree to leave the console out but if you keep it see advice above.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.