Bible Study Verse:

Ephesians 5:1-2

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly beloved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (NIV)

Thoughts:

A few days ago, we here in America celebrated the Fourth of July, our Independence Day. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the 4th than exercising my Second Amendment right and purchasing and shooting a new firearm! Yeah! A great day, for all Americans, however they choose to celebrate. During the course of the day, I found my thoughts drifting to the soldiers that have in the past and are currently serving our country, particularly those that are overseas in areas where they could be killed on any given day. These courageous men and women are standing between me and those that would take away my freedom--and they are doing it voluntarily. They are giving of themselves, their time and their lives, to see to it that I live free. If they weren't willing to serve, and in some cases, die for me, I would not be able to live in peace and freedom as I do. These brave men and women literally stand between me and death. I personally believe they do what they do because they love freedom and life so much. It's an especially interesting thought that I didn't have to ask them to serve and protect me, they chose to. (Cliff S)

Action Point:

It struck me as I went about my Fourth of July activities that the soldiers that stand between me and those that would take away my freedom and/or my life are a great example of what Jesus did for me on the cross. Jesus, too, gave Himself for me; He died for me, He rose again, and now He stands between me and spiritual death. He did it willingly because He loves me. He loves you, too, and wants you to know Him. Won't you accept His gift of eternal life and freedom in Him today?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day:

Every time you pick up a firearm remember that the freedom to own that gun came at a price. Stop and say a prayer for the men and women that have given of their lives and/or are serving today to keep us safe. Pray also for peace and strength for their families as their loved ones are in harm's way.