Thread: 1 of the great ones

Default 1 of the great ones

I was lucky enough to be asked to do some consulting on one of the really well managed waterfowl impoundments in the upstate today. What a priviledge to see a crowd doing it the right way year in and year out. These guys found the place when they were in school at Clemson and managed to hang on until they were able to purchase the land, build an impoundment, and they are still wearing the wild ducks out decades later. Best of all, they have deeded a conservation easement to DU in perpetuity! Great work fellows. I am impressed with that little slice of heaven in the upstate.

anderson county?
    James 4:14

Yessir. Sexy spot isn't it.

Up off Liberty Highway?

Great place they've got there. Kudos to them!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I deer hunt a farm that borders that property and get to hear some hellacious vollies from time to time. Nothing like daydreaming about ducks while you're deer huntin. Goes to show you what you can do with time, know how, and some cash. Our flyway might not be the best but you wouldn't know it if you were huntin that joint.
    \"Go to Know\"

Have been hunting swamps for years in that area that I can't help but think they're helping out with all their efforts over there. Several blacks, a Miner band off Hartwell and a fed. banded greenhead from Manitoba out of a swamp near there as well just to name a few. Gotta think their habitat/efforts help draw those birds to the area. Just lucky enough to find some overflow. And I've even heard mention there's those who are against private ponds b/c they "hold" ALL the birds away from the public hunter?? Or maybe that's just a rumor....
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.