Thread: poison Ivey....

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

What FUN!!....Never noticed any severe reactions to it myself, Nothing that Zanfel wouldn't knock out immediately, but I have a case of it now that is not too much fun....On my eyelids,top and bottom....arms, neck, croutons, ear....had to go get a shot....I was a little irritated with it till I got to thinking..........this could be worse...at least I can get rid of this....If anyone wants to try it, I have a couple of BIG VINES that you can cut and hug and rub all up and down ...let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I feel your pain Art!!! I've got it all over my right leg from my ankle to above my knee!
    Tired of applying the Calamine lotion...bout to go and get a shot!

I told you not to be making red-hot-monkey-love to that new wife of yours in the woods...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Warning: If~n you ever burn a mess of that stuff, you better be up wind or you may get it in your lungs. I have heard of it before! Good luck. Just got rid of 7 spots on my right arm.
    Scrubbed it with Q-tip in Chlorox on day 4 and then Absorbine jr'ed it to death for 5 days.
    Worked for me.
    Reloading is one of the few times in life when it pays to allow yourself to be truly paranoid!

"Y'all be safe out there"
    NRA Lifer 1970

Just found out Oxyclean clears it up in 1-2 days.Son had it bad on his hands and did the wash and got Oxyclean on his hands.Said it burned a little but after a few minutes the itch stopped and He decided it felt better.I saw it and it started drying up and two-3 days later it was gone.Never spread or itched after the Oxyclean.

The thing that usually works best for me is a parts washer...the petroleum based solution dried the hell out of it, pretty effective.

Thanks for the info Joe and Duckboy! Might try that next time I get it.

Wiped my arse with p.i. once when I was a chap. Talk about having a chapped ass.

Never thought about Varsal Duckboy....I bet that would dry it up pretty quick.
    Chris