Thread: Overnight

Default Overnight

I'm getting interested in trying to go on an overnight up in the mountains, with ff being the main focus of it. While I've been ff plenty of times, I've never done it in NC. That being said, any help with this would be appreciated. I don't want spots, just what rivers are generally the ones to try, trails that I can camp out on, etc.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Wish I could help you.... if I could that would mean I know how to catch them around the house. Bastards piss me off all the time walking these streams with rods in their hands. One day I will figure it out. The Clinch river up here is what I want to try. I was down there not long ago and they were coming out with strings of trout.

How do trout taste? Anything to compare them too? These were brown trout I think. I am not a professional.

How are you intending to benefit the Flyway Foundation in the mountains? Are there nestign areas we haven't evaluated yet?
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

try this Zig... it's a great start.

http://www.flyfishingtrail.com/3/miscellaneous2.htm

That's the ticket Trapper.

ziggy when are you wanting to go i'm heading up around the brevard area this weekend

don't forget to get a trout permit. You can get and OOS fishing license but that doesn't include trout. By having this, you can ride up and down mountain roads and look and there are WMA like signs on the river edge showing that it is a trout stream. Me and my roomate went up there in college and fished all day. Only caught one small rainbow, but it was an awesome experience.

You may have already knew about the trout permit thing, but if you didn't, it could save you from a ticket.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

i would fish delayed harvest rivers and stay away from the bait chunkers.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i would fish delayed harvest rivers and stay away from the bait chunkers.
    What he said. Wild trout water or catch and release only. The rivers will be marked with different colored signs depending on the restrictions.

If you see a jackleg sitting on the bank with a can of corn and a cane pole keep moving.

Hit the mills, davidson and the green. There are some good camping spots on all of those rivers.

forget the davidson! too many damn people! gotta bring your own rock to stand on, and even if you hike a mile and a half away from the hatchery some jackleg will come walk right through where your fishin.

cant go this weekend. unfortunately im sitting at jfk airport looking at guids and a pack of afghanis running around. trap-that is exactly what i was looking for. should i concentrate on delayed harvest or wild streams?
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

both if they haven't opened up to keeping them yet... go on a tuesday or wednesday, the local fly shops can always help with the specifics, but inchworms are always good.

I have got to get into this fly fishing things. Sounds like loads of fun.... Is it something like fighting a fish with a bream buster only with a small reel on the end of it?