Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how to refill Thermacell Cartridge

yea um.....

Brian Cope (bcgamecock), ran them off
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Once I had what I thought were enough T'cells to last me a lifetime, I quit calling them about Sponsoring. I didn't figure on a pack of low rent thieving bastards cleaning me out!

I thought maybe the internets mighta got'm.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

it was either that or my thin skin
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

This might be the best and most infomative thread I have ever read!!! Thanks.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

anyone know where to find the refill tank they used?

and whats the deal with the blue things?
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

I modified two refills today and refilling them was easy. The only i did different i took a very small drill bit and drilled out the white piece in the center of the cartridge . After you remove the brass fitting of course.

Just now finished refilling my first one. Had some spillage b/c I didn't have the perfect fit on the refill tip. Otherwise, it went as expected. The butane refill canister was $3.69 @ CVS. I'm liking this...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I refill mine, buy one of the $3 pencil torches, unscrew the filler valve out of it, use a drill index to see what size the threads are and get a bit one size smaller, drill the bottom center out of and old cartridge put some thread sealer pipe compound and carefully clamp the valve in a pair of needle nose vice grip and thread it onto the hole. There should be an o-ring or gasket on it so look to see it did not crimp up. You can refill it with a lightter refill or even better a bulk butane stove cartidge. Only fill it about 3/4 way. pour some water around it to check for leaks. It's worth the time to do it!

I am playing with redoctoring the pads, using 10% permethrin concentrate from the feed store, only put it on one side, smokes too bad if ya soak it in it. Tried the liquid for a hot yard fogger but it is oil based and smokes too bad.

I'd definitely want to use triple refined like Kings . Single refined butane can ruin a tool or lighter pretty quick. Might not matter in this case or it might just clog up the thermacell.
    " If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

after making this modification to about 20+ cylinders a few tips-

don't bother trying to remove the o-ring. safety pin works great for making the new hole. They need to be empty but cylinders that are not can usually be modified and made ready for refill w/o loosing much fuel. The v-notch is a pain in the ass to get right and becomes pretty restrictive. Just cut the tip of that adaptor off. it works much better and fills quicker. King butane can be found for @ $2 a can online.

A couple of years ago I bought a metal platform at Wal-Mart that clips to the grate and stands amount 1.5 inches off. It came with 2 felt scent pads for deer attractant or cover scents. It worked great! The scent was the difference in the way the aroma of a cold cup of coffee and the way the aroma of a hot cup of coffee carries. I keep each scent pad in different bags for different occasions. I have not been able to find the pads nor have I found the platform anywhere since. This year I am trying some felt pads that I found but they will not stay on if moving about.

you can get the replacement cartridges in the hairdryer section of wally world. They say conair on them but are the same. Much cheaper than the thermacell labeled ones. Thats what I do.
    BIG HAT, NO CATTLE.

Quote Originally Posted by firefuzz View Post
    A couple of years ago I bought a metal platform at Wal-Mart that clips to the grate and stands amount 1.5 inches off. It came with 2 felt scent pads for deer attractant or cover scents. It worked great! The scent was the difference in the way the aroma of a cold cup of coffee and the way the aroma of a hot cup of coffee carries. I keep each scent pad in different bags for different occasions. I have not been able to find the pads nor have I found the platform anywhere since. This year I am trying some felt pads that I found but they will not stay on if moving about.
    You can buy that platform and the pads in the Accessories section of the Thermascent product on www.thermacell.com
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by HERRINGBONE View Post
    how to refill Thermacell Cartridge
    Why y'all refilling them? Are y'all so dang poor you can't buy new ones?

Dang. If y'all can't afford Thermacell refills you need to be working, or collecting aluminum cans, definitely not hunting.

Just throw the empties away and purchase new ones. Do some good, help stimulate the economy.

Buncha tightwads, y'all probably use coupons and shop at Walmart.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post

Dang. If y'all can't afford Thermacell refills you need to be working, or collecting aluminum cans, definitely not hunting.

Just throw the empties away and purchase new ones. Do some good, help stimulate the economy.

that is all
    Bone....

dont piss away money if u dont have to,thats how we all get by!

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post

With that being said, you got no clue what summertime deer hunting in the "swamp" is like do ya?