Thread: Hogs

Default Hogs

A buddy of mine and i were looking to do some hog hunting this summer and were trying to find a WMA to do it on. I have been looking for somewhere realatively close to Spartanburg. DNR's website says that Chestnut Ridge in Greenville has hogs but i have hunted there before and never seen any or any sign of them being there. I know most private land owners have problems with hogs destroying property and was wondering if that was a better route to take. Just wondering what you guys thought about it and if you guys think we would be better off heading to the lower part of the state.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Contact DUMBSC

Its DCMBSC...

Hog hunting on wma lands is alloweded during deer season and other game seasons. I cant think of one wma that has hog hunting allowed year round'. The lower part of the state has a good number of hogs along the rivers and bottom lands. Their are plenty to kill during deer season, you will have to put in some boot work to find their stomping grounds or you may get lucky and walk up on one. They are always moving from day to day.Local farmers hate hogs and if you look around enough you will find people that will allow you to hunt them... put the corn out and sit...

Good luck.
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

mmmm, bbq.

Most of your land owners hate and cuss hogs but if you were the Pope himself they wouldn't give you permission to go kill a couple.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Yeah - strange how that happens. We are fortunate enough to have found ONE man in all our travels and contacts that will actually let us come in and hunt on his property for free. People complain about em alot but secretly... they're sweet on em, hey, its something to kill between the season right? And honestly, who turns down BBQ?

Do yall hunt them with dogs? or still hunt?

i have more than i can handle in Greenville. Not my land but have permission to hunt it.

Hogs in Greenville?? Are you sure you are not shooting in some po farmer's pen??
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

They are comin up the Saluda and Long Cane
    cut\'em

Yes. I have property on the Middle and South Saluda and some guy had 20 hogs in a pin and they escaped. Ever since then they have been humping very much. They are all over the place. We have caught 4 little ones and one 300 pounder

Don't you mean "escaped"?...
    Last edited by Tater; 07-17-2009 at 11:01 PM.