Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Note to Sponsors and members

They sell cheap plastic shit made in china is the reason. Nothing to do with business/competition. If folks want to buy that cheap shit then be my guest.

Something seriously wrong with getting your oil changed in the same place you buy your steaks.

"Something seriously wrong with getting your oil changed in the same place you buy your steaks."

- Got a new signature - Thanks Glenn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

I heard Walmart was going union...

What made Wal-Mart was Sam Walden and his pledge to see only American made products .................. but of coarse he's dead now !!
    And we all see what has happened to Wally World

Quote Originally Posted by BullCook View Post
    What made Wal-Mart was Sam Walden and his pledge to see only American made products .................. but of coarse he's dead now !!
    And we all see what has happened to Wally World
    x10.....................good post...............

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Hitler was successful at extermination too... till a torpedo hit the Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Hitler was successful at extermination too... till a torpedo hit the Arizona.
    young'uns !!!!
    you need to reread your history books!! The war with Hitler had nothing to do with the Arizona. That was the Japs that took out the AZ

Believe he is referring to the fact that the incident with the Arizona brought us into the war - which did not turn out good for Hitler
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckdog View Post
    Believe he is referring to the fact that the incident with the Arizona brought us into the war - which did not turn out good for Hitler
    OK, i'LL GO WITH THAT.
    THOUGHT oBANGER HAD STARTED CHANGING HISTORY !!!!
    BILL

He's trying.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    fuck walmart
    Just wait until you can get your teeth cleaned while getting your oil changed....hell, you can already go to the bank, eat @ subway, get your eyes checked, get your hair did...crazy!

It was Sam Walton! Not Walden! Don't curse my last name like that. Damn!
    Last edited by Big Lee; 07-26-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    SHR Cooper River Magnum Decoy

Quote Originally Posted by D's Tees View Post
    Just wait until you can get your teeth cleaned while getting your oil changed....hell, you can already go to the bank, eat @ subway, get your eyes checked, get your hair did...crazy!
    Been to a Sam's Club lately? You can get your teeth whitened while waiting to get tires put on.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

One of the problems I have with Walmart is some of their unusual, maybe unethical, business practices. Most obvious to anyone who has done business with them from a vendor side is their contract for vendors. I've never been in an arrangement with them personally but I have a friend who 'almost' was until he read the terms of the contract.

The guy is from here in Greenwood, he and his dad used to run a very successful restaurant on Lake Greenwood named Blazers. Their last name is Britt. They retired from the restaurant business but they made an awesome shrimp dip, so awesome that they started making, packaging and selling it at grocery stores and delis all over the state.

So when Walmart built one of their 'super stores' here the Britts naturally approached them about stocking Blazer's Shrimp Dip in the food section. They met with the buyer at Walmart and all was going well until the issue with the contract.

It seems when Walmart puts a product on sale, they never lose any money, the vendor has to carry that burden. For instance if Walmart wanted to put Blazer's Shrimp Dip on sale at half price, from say $6 per container to $3 per container, my friend had to take the loss, not Walmart. If the dip went past it's 'sell by date' and had to be discarded, my friend took the loss, not Walmart.

Now my friend had the dip in all the major Southern grocery store chains, Bi-Lo, Food Lion, Winn Dixie, Publix and the Piggly Wiggly. Yet Walmart was the only one with a contract that in rare cases could actually have the vendor owing them money for their own product.

Naturally Mr. Britt and son walked on that deal as would I.

And this begs the question: Does Walmart require major big name vendors to sign the same contract?

For instance do they require Mattel®, Shakespeare®, or the Chinese companies to sign the same vendor agreement as the local guy Joe Smalltime? I seriously doubt it, if so they'd probably have a lot fewer products to display on their shelves.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 07-27-2009 at 05:46 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

MM - I read in a business class a few years ago that one of the ways that Wal-Mart is so sucessful is the wording of their contracts. They were allowed to make so many adjustments to the contract at any time, that is became detrimental to small business. In one example they contracted a guy in much the same situations as your friend for a product. They ordered X number which required that the small business expand greatly. After the expansion and the X number of units began to arrive at fixed intervals, Wal-Mart changed the price that they were paying for the items. The example did not say if the items were placed on sale, only that the cost that Wal-Mart paid was reduced. The business had no choice to take the reduced price as it was still paying for the expansion and would have gone under without the sales.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

ddd,
    That sounds about right. I've heard that they have actually caused some small businesses to fold with some of their tactics. I could almost understand if these businesses were competitors. I mean the free market system is a dog eat dog world. But there's no sense in causing vendors to go out of business in my opinion.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Another item to consider, is the logistical side of the mega stores.

Their logistics departments are set up as a profit center in itself.

If product sold to Walmart, Sams, and another example, Staples, (who is rapidly acquiring other office product companies) does not arrive per contract the fines are extremely high, and meted out with liberalism.

The need for the particular blue prints are multifold, first and formost, for expediency in the supply chain. Automation is huge in these facilities and inventory is tracked in real time. Any deviation to throw the product off the grid, will result in supply chain hiccups.

Second, they are profit centers in and unto themselves...the fines they levy are astronomical...often contracts are written with the first example as reason for it, but the true reason is that the supplier is systemically or physically unable to attain them and is fined, for which the buyer will take credit for these fines against future orders or outstanding invoices.

While I agree, the growth of these behemouths are a testament to capitalism, and plainly, an example of Darwinism in business practices...it also ensures a barrier to entry for you and I.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BullCook View Post
    young'uns !!!!
    you need to reread your history books!! The war with Hitler had nothing to do with the Arizona. That was the Japs that took out the AZ
    Typical.

You're insight and powers of deduction are staggering.