Thread: another problem with my Boykin

ok i have had allot of problems with my Boykins. lol Last one: ok I have 2 Boykins and ones the hunting dog and the other one is the inside dog and she craped all over the house so we moved her outside and she chewed threw metal and keeps gettin outside so i nailed plywood boards over it so she cant get out and she chewed threw another metal wiring in another place. what do i do?
    [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    \"If there brown there down, if they fly they die!!!\" shoot em up

How old is this dog? Is it the first time she did this in the house? If so, it seems kind of heartless on your part moving an inside dog outside for what may be a one time mistake. If it's an older dog she may be sick or had some other kind of problem that caused her to do it. If it's a pup learn how to house train it, it's not that hard.
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>

yeah, Labs dont chew... nor do they jump out of a blind and retrieve the spent shell with a flapping bird 20 feet away...

duck hunter 143, don't bother posting dog related threads in the retriever forum.

Originally posted by duck hunter 143:
    ...and the other one is the inside dog and she craped all over the house.
    She crapped all over the house because you don't keep her in a crate. Go buy a crate, put the crate in the house and put the dog in the crate. Next, go buy a training book. Try this book ...it will help immensely with your problems.

i have a friend who's dog loves to barf in it's crate.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Haven't seen one yet that will chew through an electric fence.

A few years ago, I got a Chocolate for free because the owner couldn't control her. For one thing she was never taught to obey, but her (typical Choc.) wild and hard headed disposition didn't help. She is smart and quickly learned what to do. The trouble is that many times she just wanted to do something different, particularly when out of my reach........that is until I discovered the Ronco push button attitude adjuster. She listens now! Seriously, you should never use an E-collar to teach. Only use it to correct and enforce what they already know. For "soft" dogs, an E-collar can cause a lot of problems if you don't know exactly what you are doing, but for a hard headed, strong will dog, you may need to make their feet smoke a little to make them obey. It sure worked wonders for my Alpha, Queen of the Universe, lift leg to pee, female Choc.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.