Thread: Anyone know the Distance Rules on Hartwell?

My folks have a lakehouse on Hartwell and the cove is slap covered up with Geese. There are some houses back there but I was curious how far you have to be away from a residence to shoot legally.

Also if you had permission from an owner that was closer than the guidelines state would it then be Ok to shoot anyway?

I ask because the dirty sumbitches have just taken up residence and are shittin everywhere and some folks are fed up with it.

TIA

Tripp

I would go talk to the neighbors. They might want them gone too. Dam black faced bastards.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

i'm pretty sure that there isn't one. as long as you are below the highwater mark, you can practically be in ppl's yards b/c VERY VERY few ppl own the land to the water. i would just call the DNR office in clemson
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

There is not a specific distance you have to be from house's on Hartwell as long as you are waterfowl hunting, and are on Corps land. If you are close to house's people will still call the wardens on you or harass you because they don't know the rules, which can ruin your hunt.

Thanks Guys - This is going to be more of an erradication than a hunt. I also think the only way the neighbors might ruin this hunt is by applauding when they see us walk down there with our shotguns. These things showed up about August and has moved in to this cove. There's about 60 - 70 of em. They also love to hang out on boat docks and crap everywhere as you know. I was more worried about the wardens than anything else. Thanks again.

Tripp

Originally posted by BCR3:
    Thanks Guys - This is going to be more of an erradication than a hunt. I also think the only way the neighbors might ruin this hunt is by applauding when they see us walk down there with our shotguns. These things showed up about August and has moved in to this cove. There's about 60 - 70 of em. They also love to hang out on boat docks and crap everywhere as you know. I was more worried about the wardens than anything else. Thanks again.

Tripp
    So where were you in Sept? 15/day limit and 5 guys coulda wiped 'em out in one morning. No distance limit on Hartwell and no high water mark either. Stay on the water side on the red corps marks and have at it. Gotta love it when the neighbors want them gone [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]

There isn't any restrictions on Hartwell. Check your waterfowl rules and regs pamphlet if you have one. It tells you what bodies of water have the distance restrictions. Hartwell is not listed.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Thanks for all the help guys. It should be fun when the season comes back in. Hell with my luck they will have moved on by then.

Tripp