Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grandpa's WWII pictures

That was a different time and place than we live now, back when we had a country almost full of true blue Americans, great pics and thanks for sharing.
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

Very very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Glad everyone enjoyed seeing them! There are probably a couple hundred pictures in his scrapbooks, poems he sent my grandma, different money, some patches, just a variety of items that are from that time. Some of his buddies are still alive, and I got to meet some of them at his funeral back in 2002. They truly are the greatest generation that ever lived! Yes, my grandpa had a Luger! He kept it at his tire shop just outside of Lexington by Four Oaks Farm. Some jerk broke in and stole it back in the '70s. He also had a Mauser rifle, which I have, and have killed deer with. He truly was a man's man, and is dearly missed! Thanks again for looking, and the kind words.
    Last edited by BEAR; 06-05-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wackemandstackem View Post
    NIce !! Thanks for sharing !

Did he get him a Luger ?

Jon
    My Father got a trip to the continent courtesy of Uncle Sam. He got a Luger, I have it now. He used to refer to Hitler as "Schicklgruber".
    Last edited by Shotunderit; 06-10-2009 at 05:29 AM.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"