Thread: more.

Default more.

critique them....

Give the camera back to Southern Bliss

Looks good !
    "There are no strangers here only friends who haven't met "

They are great!

when did you get that badassed dog? she's beautiful!!!
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

jon whitley who owns coastal firearms is where our other is located that would be his dog.

cool dog

I see no black bikini

beautiful shorthair!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Good lookin pooch. Nice shots. Like the detail.

Who is this southern bliss?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I’m not being harsh here just giving it to you straight. There’s too many to really critique them all so I’ll comment on the first 4 for now.

• You missed your focus. It would be better also if you didn’t take the shot of the DF from the rear. You do have good background separation here though.
    • Watch for object in your foreground. The object in the lower right corner is totally distracting and takes away from the yellow flower.
    • This one is quite noisy. Perhaps from over sharpening????
    • This one is what you’re looking for! Great composition, focus looks good, good background separation, colors are nice. The only thing is it might be slightly underexposed.

Of the dog shots I like the 2nd one the best.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    I’m not being harsh here just giving it to you straight. There’s too many to really critique them all so I’ll comment on the first 4 for now.

• You missed your focus. It would be better also if you didn’t take the shot of the DF from the rear. You do have good background separation here though.
    • Watch for object in your foreground. The object in the lower right corner is totally distracting and takes away from the yellow flower.
    • This one is quite noisy. Perhaps from over sharpening????
    • This one is what you’re looking for! Great composition, focus looks good, good background separation, colors are nice. The only thing is it might be slightly underexposed.

Of the dog shots I like the 2nd one the best.
    be harsh...its good...i figured the white one was over sharpened..what do you mean by underexposed?

Totally agree with Squatty. The red flower is your winner and I actually like the first shot of the shorthair as well. Underexposed would be an image that is either purposefully light-subtracted or accidentally. Either way, the image is darker than a normally exposed image. Look @ my pond lilly images. Most of them.....actually all of them....were underexposed. Most of the time, even "normal value" (0.0) exposures can cause a washed-out effect on your images. 99.999% of the time I am in Aperture Priority mode and I adjust my cam's shutter speed by either "under" or "over" exposing the image on demand. Underexposures will speed your shutter time up (less light is being required) and vice versa. Overexposures are telling your camera that you want more light to get into the image, thus increasing the time your shutter stays open. Does this help?
    Last edited by Idlewild; 05-27-2009 at 05:17 PM.

yeah i understand the shutter speed...so i need to set it to have a slower shutter speed??

In the case of the red flower,a little bit more of an exposure adjustment in the "other" direction ("other" being less negative and not necessarily positive-geez, hope that makes sense-sounds kind of confusing) would help lighten the image a bit. You can also correct this in post-production with the proper software. What do you use for editing purposes?

well southern bliss has adobe but she lost it...so we have to use this other shitty one..hopefully she will have the adobe next week

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    what do you mean by underexposed?
    it's been explained

Basically think like this.....if the picture is too dark it's underexposed, if it's too bright it's overexposed. Not necessarily always the case but you get the idea.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I guess you are "shooting" flowers because they don't move and require less scouting huh?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213