Thread: Hog Traps

Default Hog Traps

There has been a recent explosion of pigs on the land I hunt, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to build traps that can catch multiple hogs. I have looked up some designs online and it looks like a round pen with some sort of swinging door may be the best option. I can build the pen, but am a little unsure about the best door design and whether I can build it. I am basically looking for a cost effective, homemade trap design that doesnt require much skill to make and that can catch as many pigs as possible. Does such a trap exist, and if anyone has any suggestions as to how to make them please let me know? Also, if anyone has any better way to get rid of the hogs I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.

"There are no strangers here only friends who haven't met "

Where are you located? We have a pack of silent dogs that can hold their own.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan