Bible Study Verse:

1 Corinthians 9:16

For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel. (NASB)

Thoughts:

For Paul, telling the gospel was something he was compelled to do. It's the same with outdoorsmen - we can't help telling others about our hunting and fishing adventures. It's who we are. People don't know the real person without knowing something about what is most important to him.

It's the same for the Christian believer. Others should know who we are, what is most important to us, what motivates us, and why we make sacrifices. Paul said "I have a stewardship entrusted to me," I Corinthians 9:17b, (NASB). We have a responsibility to tell the good news. Knowing Christ makes the good news our story. We don't tell it for our sake - we tell
this incomparably important story "for the sake of the gospel," Corinthians 9:23a, (NASB) and for those we love. (Steve S)

Action Point:

* It's not hard to let others know you're active in the outdoors. It's important to let people know you are a Christian, too.

* It's not hard to get motivated when it comes to the outdoors. Let Christ motivate you to love the lost.

* It's not hard to love the world God made. Love God too, and be obedient to him.

* It's not hard to tell about your favorite hunts. Tell people the incomparable story, too.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day:

While you're hunting or fishing, think of spiritual biblical lessons the sport teaches. Pass those lessons along to someone else.