Thread: GPS System Could Fail Next Year

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default GPS System Could Fail Next Year

GPS System Could Fail Next Year

The risk of failure starts in 2010, according to the Government Accountability Office (GAO) report quoted by PC World.

The failure would impact not only military operations, but also the millions of people and businesses who rely on the satellite-based navigation systems built into cars, boats and cell phones.

"If the Air Force does not meet its schedule goals for development of GPS IIIA satellites, there will be an increased likelihood that in 2010, as old satellites begin to fail, the overall GPS constellation will fall below the number of satellites required to provide the level of GPS service that the U.S. government commits to," the GAO report states.

The report says the Air Force has struggled to build successful GPS satellites within cost and on schedule.

• Click here to read more on this story from PC World.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

More of the "change" that Barack keeps talking about. Who needs GPS anyway when you are unemployed, broke, and all you have to drive is a goverment built car/lawmower/golfcart pulling your canoe to the local ditch, maybe hoping to catch some crawdads to feed your family.

Horrors. Without the government to tell us where we are, we'll have to learn to navigate for ourselves again. Its just not fair.

It sure will be fun for all of the government employees in the military, every time they launch a missile or drop a bomb that damn thing will fly off to who knows where.

That would mean all the yuppies in their brand new boats would have to learn how to navigate with a compass and chart. Damn, what a horror of a thought.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

GPS is used for many more applications that getting a soccer mom to publix.

Gps is guides missiles, pilots (gov. and commercial), mass transit. It will be a step in the wrong direction if the shit goes down that way.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

I used to fish offshore before even Loran was commonly used by rec fishermen. I can remember how high tech we thought we were when we finally got a radio directional finder. Believe me, GPS is a damn good thing even if you can read a compass. The GPS system should be funded with Nobama money that is destined to combat "global warming" because it saves a hell of a lot of gas.

Call me wierd or something but I kinda like having a couple of GPS's on the boat when I'm out at the Gtown Hole.