Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Building a Duck Pond 101

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    let's rehash so maybe curtis will understand some of this. I find it extremely odd that he is reading this thread and still coming back wanting more info. its there in black and white, curtis. you have the information to make an informed decision....and, quite honestly, you misled us from the get-go when you said you had some die-hard duck hunters that wanted to release tame ducks.

so...cherokee told you how much it will cost to do it. granted, he is dealing with lots of money and its still a chore. you cant just throw out some pen-raised chickens and expect them to stay there for you to shoot. point #1: you have the financial aspect to think about. the pen raised chickens cost money to buy and then they cost MORE money and TIME to take care of.

I mentioned that its an ethical issue. I dont even want to expand on that because my ethics may not match yours. Suffice it to say that point #2 is that no die-hard duck hunter takes pleasure in shooting pen raised birds. I would like to point out that taking children to this sort of activity is not in the child's best interest, either.

Disease? Sure...make it point #3.

Now, about migration. You were saying how you wanted these ducks to stay around and mate and make babies so you can shoot them next year. That is not God's will. HUH? How do I know? Well, for eons, ducks have migrated South in the winter to find food. They migrate back North in the summer to mate. most pen raised birds dont. end of discussion. THe point was made, and I have heard it from plenty of tamie-releasers, that these birds dont actually form flight feathers. They have not flown any distance in their entire life. Does this not strike you as odd, Curtis? These "birds" do not know how to FLY? Dang, son, pay attention. THAT AINT RIGHT!

so..you have a neat little deer club that focuses on the entire experience. you whack a little 4 point and take kids with you and show them how its done. Bully for you. I have no complaints there. Then, you get some guys in the club that saw the water and wanted some ducks to shoot so they come to the membership with the answer: RELEASE TAMIES AND BRING THE KIDS.

I pray not...for the future of waterfowling is at stake.
    i have the hardest time finding the arrogance in this post.

i see a guy calling you by name and wondering why you dont get it. other than that, it really appears to me to be a nice synopsis of the situation. Did i hurt your feelings? Maybe that's why you resorted to name calling.

Oh well. Just hope the hardcore PHC duck hunters change their mind. That's all i want out of this....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Why would you want a do over? Do you still have questions? Not trying to be a smart ass, just asking.... I felt better about the intent of this thread until I read that you blessed the decision made by the sec/tres and then decided you had questions. Seems to me if you were really looking for info on here, you would have held off on giving your blessing. Just my perception. Coming on here after the fact, and dragging this thing out for 7 pages, seems to support the opinion that your intent was to start and carry out an argument. I've read every post and from what I can see, all of your questions have been answered. If you intent is not to stir up an argument then just drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

i dont like being called names because you read the post incorrectly and got your feelings hurt.

i copied it above. what part is the arrogant part?

i dont accept your apology because I know you aren't being honest. I have been nothing but honest to you and take offense. so be it.

i ask you again to tell me what parts of that post are arrogant.

see, 2th is an asshole.....but he is our asshole.

again, he missed his calling. he should have been a lawyer.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I heard no supporting evidence as to why you should leave the beavers. I heard several reasons why you should get rid of them and put in some kind of water control devices. I just got back from a class on dams and dikes. Get rid of the beavers. They will do nothing to help you enhance the habitat. If anything they will kill your oaks.
    Last edited by duckduckdog; 05-21-2009 at 12:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

And I tell you again - I am sorry, sincerely. Take it, leave it, you are a big boy.
    I do know this, if we had been face to face, it would not have goen to this level ... I hate the internet.

2th, I am so tired of the drama on these internet chat sites. I dont have the stomach for it anymmore. Life is to short and too precious to argue with a "i met that guy one time" stranger. My Bad. I was not saying you are arrogant, just that the "tone" or "attitude" that I perceved in your post seemed that way to me.
    If that was not your intention , My Fault, My Bad. I back up and take it back. Please accept my sincere and genuine apology.

Thank you DDDog, I can take that!!

i'm taking my ball and going home

Im already home ... I am logging out.

i think you thrive on internet drama, cpipdiddy.

you been doin it for years, but you seem to have lost yuor game.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Beavers,
    Ok, if you got site specific over the telephone and that is the best answer you got, you should have hung up on that person. These guys had some great advice pertaining to managing beavers. Ignore the ones that said leave the beavers alone. Kill what you have, b/c it won't matter and 5 will come to their funeral.

Duck Shit isn't going to matter UNLESS YOU RELEASE DUCKS! PHC is gonna release! Come on 10 pages!

Drought. It's a natural part of wildlife management. This will give you your best way to assess the land to see where you can and cannot plant. Vegetation types and amounts, good and bad. Places to build blinds, tractor paths, etc. Droughts would be a blessing for first timers. You will learn half of what you need to know under a drought, by trying everything your equipment can handle. The other half will come when it floods you out all year.

PHC needs to fork out the money for a consultant. SCDUCKS has a sponsor don't they? Sorry, I can't remember their name.

So who likes dog hunters that have metal tripod, which the "C" word is used around it to make a pile?

"C" word = CORN
    Last edited by PBiz; 05-21-2009 at 01:43 PM.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

So just wondering, what did the the board at PHC decide to do? I was hesitante to post on this, but just wondering what the final decission was on this. Just need to know if I will be having more tammies in my holes next year or if I'll be losing ducks to your habitat?