Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My biggest to date

Default My biggest to date

This is my biggest to date, 32lbs. I am big on C&R but this one is going on the wall.

Caught on freeline on live blue back on med spinning reel loaded with power pro, the fish and I both were whipped when I got him to the boat

Tried to revive him but hook was in throat and he kept turning belly up so instead of a fiberglass repro I am mounting the actual fish

That's a nice one. Day or Night?
    Last edited by Wing Nut; 05-17-2009 at 11:36 AM.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Nut View Post
    That's a nice one. Day or Night?

Daytime, I do not do much night fishing at all

Nice fish.

I haven't had much luck yet on live bait...but they are hitting the topwater and swim baits good.

Good looking fish.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

TPrice----Hartwell?

I am just starting on striper fishing and pobably shouldn't do it. I think it is gonna be like crack.

What kinda boat setup you runnin?

Congrats BTW I would mount him too!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    TPrice----Hartwell?

I am just starting on striper fishing and pobably shouldn't do it. I think it is gonna be like crack.

What kinda boat setup you runnin?

21' Sea Pro 210cc w yamaha F200, equipped with minnkota autopilot trolling motor,lowrance electronics, downriggers and even outriigers(yep we have broke the outriggers out for leadcore line fishing before and got a lot of funny looks but we caught fish)

Striper fishing is as addictive as duck hunting but still married after 24 years(I duck hunt, deer hunt, fish-wife does like to fish, play golf and own 2 businesses and manage a 3rd) and she has not kicked me out yet, THREATENED a few times but I did not take her serious

FYI, a quick length and grith measurement is more than adequate to produce a mount. Trying to encorporate the actual fish in a mount is completely unnecessary.

Grey's taxedermy et al, can take your measurements and photos and produce a fiberglass mount that won't degrade.

Nice fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    FYI, a quick length and grith measurement is more than adequate to produce a mount. Trying to encorporate the actual fish in a mount is completely unnecessary..
    Guess you want me to hug a tree also

It was my intention to release the fish but it was caught on a med spinning rod and took better than 20 minutes to net it, when I got fish in boat hook was deep in its throat and blood all over the deck. Still tried to revive the fish but he kept turning belly up and I was all alone.

I have released 99% of the stripers I caught over the years including 15-20lbers but 30lbs was my magic limit for a wall hanger.

Next limit will be 40+ to hang on the wall.

DO YOU RELEASE YOUR FUCKING DUCKS

was that a hartwell fish?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

BTW, bet that was fun, nice fish.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

DAYUM NICE!
    On another note, Fish you still alive I see. Got worried bout ya.
    We caught over 200 this fall and winter not counting what my people caught in the boat. We might have kept 8 max. and were cooked within 24/hrs. Rest released alive and kikkin.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post

DO YOU RELEASE YOUR FUCKING DUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    was that a hartwell fish?
    Yes it was caught on Hartwell

Actually, I don't give a fuck what you do.

You say you're all about catch and release, and in so far as the lip service is concerned, you're covered. Yet here we are in the year 2009 and you are unaware that you don't need to kill a fish to mount it. If what you want is to eat your catch or haul it around town showing it off, that's all good. Stripers are plentifull and no one cares. Just don't try to sell your bullshit with "I am big on C&R but this one is going on the wall" and then act like a peckerhead when someone actually gives you some usefull information. That kind of shit makes you look like an unreasonable idiot.

SCTIMBER Coots

TPrice, Very nice fish!

Tried to revive him but hook was in throat and he kept turning belly up so instead of a fiberglass repro I am mounting the actual fish
    FYI, a quick length and grith measurement is more than adequate to produce a mount. Trying to encorporate the actual fish in a mount is completely unnecessary.

Grey's taxedermy et al, can take your measurements and photos and produce a fiberglass mount that won't degrade.

Nice fish.

Fish , instead of being an asshole 24/7 maybe you should learn to read. The man already knew about a fiberglass reproduction according to his post but the fish was dead. I know your Horry County education included reading. Sheesh just use some common sense.

Two reasons, Timberferry.

1) What would be the fun in that?

2) If YOU would've noticed and if YOU had read what I wrote, YOU would have seen that my first comment was very innocuous. No attitude, no problem. Just a simple idea from one fisherman to another. I didn't take the time to read everything in his post. In fact, I read very little of what most of you dipshits post. It'd be a waste of time.

Still a damn nice fish.

Actually, I don't give a fuck what you do.
    THEN WHY COMMENT, you never answered my question do you C&R ducks

I have released plenty of fish and as stated before did not plan on keeping this one but I had several

FUCK IT I CAUGHT THE FISH AND IT IS GOING ON MY WALL, call the tree huggin police
    Last edited by tprice; 05-20-2009 at 07:26 PM.