Thread: Hot

Default Hot

It is too early for this heat and I am supposed to be perched on a mountain laughing at you lowland suckers! Instead I am practicing more of that easy corn pond hunting down here in the swamp. We got 225 6X8 poles in the ground yesterday and begin running 2 miles of hog exclosure fence this morning. The things we do for a duck...

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

welcome home JAB!!
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

I lost 10 lbs this weekend due to the heat. Hot wasnt the word.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yeah its getting hot and dry fast.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It is too early for this heat and I am supposed to be perched on a mountain laughing at you lowland suckers! Instead I am practicing more of that easy corn pond hunting down here in the swamp. We got 225 6X8 poles in the ground yesterday and begin running 2 miles of hog exclosure fence this morning. The things we do for a duck...

Be cheaper just to buy 'em.

daggum, jab. i dont envy that task. good luck. call me when you're done or really close to done and I will come lend a hand.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You gonna have one of them high fence duck hunting operations??? :-) I started on a privacy fence project this weekend and I agree, it is way too hot this early!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Its called global warming! Al Gore has been warning you for years.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    daggum, jab. i dont envy that task. good luck. call me when you're done or really close to done and I will come lend a hand.....
    About like a work day. Keep circlin' BG till the chicken is done and then drop on in.

I have good experience at that!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

...and you used your daughter as a human shield.

You've got one life. Blaze on!

SCTIMBER Coots

Saturday was a hot one. Yesterday wasn't as bad but I still worked up a sweat cleaning a/c window units and plowing the garden. I was looking at the corn field behind the house today, better have some rain soon or she'll look like last years' -- pitiful

After an abysmal start, we managed to knock out 660 feet of fence today. Not unlike a monkey fucking a football, we definately did not get the job done. We finally made some ground when our reserved latin friends explained to us that the fancy fence building tools that we purchased from Tractor Supply to "make the job easy" were dogshit. They then promtly hit the bushes with a machete and cut what tools they needed from the woods and we got some fence made. At least it wasn't all that hot today...

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Let me see if I got this right.

Y'all are building a fence to keep the hogs out of the corn which will at some time later become ponds....

In doing so, y'all are fencing in the corn/future ponds...

When the ducks come and start using the ponds they will be fenced in...

Then y'all will hunt the ducks inside the fenced in ponds....

As the birds are working from the sky all is well...

But once they cup and start maple leafing and get below the fence they become surrounded by the fence...

That means that y'all will literally be hunting 'fenced game'?

All legally I'm sure. But do you not question the ethics of hunting wild ducks on a fenced in corn pond?

Deep down in your hunter's heart, knowing these birds are inside an enclosure, does that not take 'something' away from the hunt.

Will you not feel that you are cheating the birds, and yourself, and pushing the envelope on the concept of 'fair chase'?

I don't know about y'all, but I would have to ask myself all these questions the morning before I hunted those ponds.

Then I would go take a big dump, pull my waders on, and commence the whackage!

Oh Duck Whackage, I tell you, it clears the soul and purifies the hunter's heart! Git some!

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

You aint right Merg. LOL
    Last edited by DMP; 04-28-2009 at 06:27 AM.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Sometimes, you gotta let the latino help run with it.

A few years ago, I hired a pair that were recommended by a friend to do some yard clean up and, the big job, hauling a dump-truck load of sand by hand about 100 feet with a wheel barrow (that was the closest I could get the sand to where I needed it).

They showed up, got their assignment, and went to work. One, I noticed, was missing his left arm below the elbow.

I haven't seen that kind of work ethic in many folks. They earned every bit of the $8/hour they asked for the job. They that done, took down a pine tree, cut it and another up, and hauled them off, in 4 hours.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 04-28-2009 at 07:38 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

pull that fence tight, JAb.

not sure how you are doing that, but it is the hardest and most important piece of the puzzle, IMHO. what kinds of poles are you using? telephone?

are you using t-posts in between the big poles? barbed wire on the bottom?

heck...just get another couple miles done and I will come take a look....

2th the fence builder has good points. we learned the hard way, but got it done right. the barbed wire 2 inches from the bottom is a must. we found pulling the fence tight with a winch was the way to go.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

put the barbed wire AT the bottom....

for I am the fence builder....hear me roar.