Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 7/16 spurs 4 beards...scducks biggest bird posted this season i think!

well ccleroy came by and wanted to remeasure the spurs....... one turned out to be a solid 1.5"....... the other is 1 7/16"........ i think he has talked me into getting it mounted.....

I like to eat turkey, It gets in my blood... and I want more
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

First of all I would have that bird "officially" scored. That is sho'nuff a record book bird. Next he would be put in a trash bag and go in the freezer for a trip to the taxidermist. I damn sure would save every dollar and empty ever piggy bank to send him to a "top notch" taxidermist. I'm talking Cally Morris level, a guy who specializes in mounting Turkeys. Yes it's going to cost you some coin but you may never see another bird that good in 3 life times. A quality mount is going to cost you around $750, then with habitat if you choose to add any would be another $200 or so. I wouldn't play around with a trophy like you have.

Congrats on such a fine bird! AWESOME!
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 04-22-2009 at 04:00 PM.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

That is a damn stud there man congradulations!

I have one at the taxidermists right now that will be looking like this but will be a wall mount with him standing on a limb. I choose the wall mount because I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old and I would hate to come home one day and the tail feathers be gone.

Last edited by DMP; 04-22-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    anyone else got any pics of a good mount?
    There's plenty of them here:http://www.waterfowler.net/Artistic/turkey.php

i kinda like this one

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    First of all I would have that bird "officially" scored. That is sho'nuff a record book bird.
    Like squatty said, I would have him officially scored. Even if he ranks 18 in the state there arent many people who can say that. Awesome bird and one that shouldnt be taken lightly.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

ot this one....

how does one go about getting him officially scored? can this be done after taxidermy?

I believe the NWTF does it but not real sure.

no it has to be done now!

call a game warden or the NWTF. Actually I think it's posted on the NWTF's website somewhere.

Dude I can't get over this bird. S.T.U.D.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I've seen more impressive this year is an Eastern with 2" spurs however it was killed in Tenn. It didn't have the multi beards either.
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 04-22-2009 at 04:14 PM.

All you have to do Adam is have a DNR LEO do the taping and take pictures to record it and vouch for it...contact the NWTF and send the pics along with the downloadable form off their website to them.....the pictures do the bird no Justice fellas I can tell you that a hoss is all I can say....I've seen plenty of dead turkeys but this one takes the cake....this old boy has it all and is a true freak!!!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

BTW.....ya reckon that one day I went with ya some of my Turkey Karma floated on ya?....lol

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

That is just awesome man....Congrats!!!

Dude...get the damn bird mounted!! If it was me that turkey would be on its way to cally!! U will regret it when u kill ur 100th turkey one day(at 70 years old or so) and you look back on your huntin career and no bird beats that one u got 2 day! U would have wished u got it mounted! This is 3c's rant on getting turkeys mounted! Out....

Awesome gobbler! I shot one with spurs right at 2" but that bird with the multi beards is the total package! Mine was so old that he had buckshot in one leg and #4 copper coated shot in the other. I imagine yours is also an old grandad!! JPC3 has, by far, the best turkey mount I have ever seen. I will get some pics and shoot them to you for some ideas. Congrats!!!!

You covered up the .270 hole pretty good.

Haha, jk man... Thats a john brown stud
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I heard Jab didn't get him on the first 2 attempts with the buckshot and cc shot but the third time was a charm....lol...

SCTIMBER Coots

Very nice bird!

Get it mounted, it's only money, and you'll look back after it's all said and done and be glad you did.

I like the limb mounts that go on the wall.