Thread: ******* Ag Plastic Planter Plates

Default ******* Ag Plastic Planter Plates

Does anyone know if ******* Ag plastic plates require an adapter for use in Cole planters? On their web site it seems to indicate in one place that adapters are required for use in Allis-Chalmers planters or, in another place, for use in Allis-Chalmers and Cole planters.

Anybody have experience with these plates in Cole planters?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Aging Baby Boomer; 04-21-2009 at 06:00 AM. Reason: ******* did not appear in title
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

by adaptor do you mean the little star shaped piece in the middle that is seperate from the plate itself? (tan in color)

I'm not sure what the adaptor looks like. I've never seen plastic planter plates.

I'm also not sure why my computer keeps inserting asterisks for the name of the U.S. President who wrote the Gettysburg address and was killed by John Wilkes Booth when I type the company name!

Anyway, this is a link to their home page:

http://www.lincolnagproducts.com/

The home page has a note that says "B" plates require an adaptor for use in Cole and Allis-Chalmers planters. However, their gallery photos show "B" plates that appear compatible with Cole planters that I have. The photo of the Allis Chalmers adaptor does not appear to be compatible with Cole planters.

I'd like to try their plates, but they don't show an e-mail address for their company. So I have no way to ask them these questions.

Any help from those of you who are familiar with the plates would be appreciated.

Have you tried calling them?

******* Ag Products
    623 North 66th
    *******, NE. 68505
    Phone: (402) 464-6367 FAX: (402)-464-7657

Sorry. Bad statement of fact. I have no way to contact them except by placing a long-distance call. I was hoping someone on here had experience with the plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Aging Baby Boomer View Post
    I'm also not sure why my computer keeps inserting asterisks for the name of the U.S. President who wrote the Gettysburg address and was killed by John Wilkes Booth when I type the company name!
    You mean he who we do not speak of?

Yes, he of whom we do not speak. I'm so old that one of my history teachers still referred to him as a "mongrel dog."

BTW - I broke down and called linkonag a few minutes ago. Had to leave a message. They work from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
    Last edited by Aging Baby Boomer; 04-22-2009 at 04:16 PM.

both cole and ac use an adapter to drive their plates-ac was plastic and cole used a metal adapter/drive-if you already have plates in your planter the adaptre should already be there-open door that holsd the plate and see-if it is there then you do not need any other adapter to run ac/deere or cole plates

I guess the adapter is the piece with four studs that drive the plate. If so, I already have the adapters. Both the one-row and two-row Cole planters seem to use the same system.

Thanks!

does your planter have the plate sitting flat in the bottom or does the plate sit at an angle on one side of the hopper

Sits at an angle on one side of the hopper.

I already have and use removable metal plates for sunflower, corn, peanuts, beans, etc. I'm just trying to match seed sizes a little better than "small round" and "medium flat" to minimize skips and doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Aging Baby Boomer View Post
    Sits at an angle on one side of the hopper.

I already have and use removable metal plates for sunflower, corn, peanuts, beans, etc. I'm just trying to match seed sizes a little better than "small round" and "medium flat" to minimize skips and doubles.

That sounds just like the Cole I used for years. I never had many skips with the plate for medium flat. I used Pioneer G3197 (medium flat) roundup ready seed. They have it at Southern States(Florence) or Carolina Eastern in (Lynchburg).

all of l-ag plates are for planters made since 1968 and are for bottom plate hoppers and will not fit the cole type with leaning plates-im not aware of any place to buy this type

Thanks. That's what I needed to know.

Implement sales still has some of the plates for your planter.

Who / where is Implement Sales?

Disregard. Found them on Google.
    Last edited by Aging Baby Boomer; 04-25-2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Posted before Googling. Should have Googled before posting.

I just bought from ******* ag two sets of plates for planting sesame. I have a Cole, and you have to buy the ac adapter for use in a Cole if you are using John Deere "b" plates.

Do the planter plates in your Cole sit flat in the bottom or angled on the side of the hopper?

flat in the bottom.