Thread: WTT for Bowfishing Rig

Default WTT for Bowfishing Rig

I have (my wife) a Diamond Edge w/ Q.A.D rest and 4 or 5 arrows that has been shot about 50 times. its in almost new condition. looking to trade for a AMS or Browning bowfishing setup. any options please let me know.

that edge is actually a good rig to shoot fish with

get rid of the rest and everything else put a roller rest on it and a retriever and your good to go.

I agree. That bow is a good one to use for bowfishing. Disagree on the roller rest and retriever. Get the fish hook rest or make an epoxy rest and use a large spincast reel (zebco 808 will do) with reel seat

This place is decent for ordering accessories
    http://www.backwaterbowfishing.com/

thanks to you both. never looked at it that way. that's probably what i will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwagz26 View Post
    I agree. That bow is a good one to use for bowfishing. Disagree on the roller rest and retriever. Get the fish hook rest or make an epoxy rest and use a large spincast reel (zebco 808 will do) with reel seat

This place is decent for ordering accessories
    http://www.backwaterbowfishing.com/
    there is a trick to the roller rest..take the little gold screw out the side, take a dip can lid cut a large triangle on it punch a hole through the center and screw it back onto the rest..arrow wont fall out unless its upside down...i always have used the retriever i think its alot safer than a reel...due to the fact that you gotta remeber to press the button..but to each his own..i used to get all my stuff straight from muzzy and AMS but i quit shooting fish..

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    there is a trick to the roller rest..take the little gold screw out the side, take a dip can lid cut a large triangle on it punch a hole through the center and screw it back onto the rest..arrow wont fall out unless its upside down...i always have used the retriever i think its alot safer than a reel...due to the fact that you gotta remeber to press the button..but to each his own..i used to get all my stuff straight from muzzy and AMS but i quit shooting fish..
    if you don't press the button then you can't draw back without the arrow falling off...but like you said to each his own...I liked sullys, but backwater bought them out recently

what are the disadvantages of just using a WB?

nothing...just cut a little knotch for quick loading or buy one and make sure you the one for bowfishing or aluminum arrows.

b-stick...show me what you did for the rest. not quite sure what you mean but a buddy of mine has a prob with the arrow falling off the rest. Mine sometimes but not so bad.

fish hook rest is where it is at. i have tried the roller rest, and the fish hook blows it out of the water. no matter how you turn your bow it always falls back to center.

None of you guys use a biscuit? Everyone's got an opinion, but thats the ticket!