Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 90 seconds - then **POOF** we're history

If the Lord is going to supply all of your needs in that sense, why do you work? Why do you go to the grocery store? Why do you re-shingle your roof when it starts to leak? What's the difference between supplying yourself with food and shelter on a routine basis, and doing it in the event of a catastrophe? Is planning and forethought just for unbelievers?
    Last edited by GMAC; 03-28-2009 at 12:50 PM.

I was refering to the end times or death. We should be ready for it at anytime for we arent promised another min.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

I had to look up the term "' Long Pig ".

I agree with the being ready for the Good Lord, but I found this guys reply and opinion on 2012 and thought it was really interesting. Hope you enjoy!!

This is garbled psuedoscience which should be regarded with the contempt it deserves.

The Mayans did not know what the Milky Way was, or that we are part of it or that we rotate within it. Quite how they could therefore predict that on 21/12/2012 we would be in exactly the right position to be on the receiving end of a calamity rather eludes me therefore.

All primitive cultures tended to believe the earth was the centre of the known universe, and even if they espoused heliocentrism saw the Sun as being the stationary point around which everything else rotated.

Hence the idea that we moved out of the calamity-prone position and then move back into that position coud not possibly be any part of what the Mayans knew and understood. Plainly it is a later embellishment added by a 21st Century writer to make the tale of doom and gloom sound more convincing.

I have to tell you that we will NOT be at the Galactic Centre in 5 years time:

(a) We are 26,000 light years away from the Centre. How are we going to travel that distance in 5 years (over 5000 times as fast as the speed of light!)?

(b) Our orbit takes 225-250 million years to complete one circuit and we never go near the Galactic Centre, we remain within the Orion Arm (a Spiral Arm of the Milky Way).

That is a safe distance away from the massive radiation that would rain on our heads if we did go anyway near the supermassive black hiole at the galactic centre. We are in the galactic habitable zone where we are and life on earth would never have got started if we were near the Galactic Centre.

(c) It follows that we have completed about 20 orbits during the Sun's lifetime to date, And the last occasion we were in a similar position via-a-vis the Orion Arm was not 800 million years ago but 225-250 million years ago and if this magnetic poles theory is to be believed (sounds like poppycock)there will have been 20 or so such changes to date.

I don't think the universe has an Equator as I am not convinced it is spherical. The Milky Way is flat, more like a massive fried egg, bulging a bit at the centre, so quite where is its Equator supposed to be? It isn't spherical either.

The usual version I hear trotted our is that the Earth will be "aligned" with the Galactic Centre, whatever that means (it is never explained so it cannot be examined to see if it's true or not).

Given that we are a barred spiral galaxy not just a simple spiral galaxy. I would have thought that being aligned would have something to do with our position via-a-vis the bar. Anything and everything is in some sort of simple spatial relationship with the Galactic Centre, including all the satellite Galaxies in that you could draw a radius outwards from the Centre to them. But what does that mean?

I fail to see that the Galactic Centre is going to somehow manage to zap us across a distance of 26,000 light years and do so with such pinpoint accuracy that it is only earth that is affected but the other 7 planets are unaffected! Incidentally, Uranus' axial tilt is at 90 degrees so reversing the polarity of its north and south poles would make precious little difference to Uranus.

Doesn't it occur to the Histeria Channel that if a calamity is to strike us in 5 years' time. it must have started out on its way at least 25,995 light years ago and travel at the speed of light to get here in time? And how was it to know that we would be in the right position 26,000 years later, when it started out?

So I suggest you appraise the "evidence" with a critical eye and scoff at how flimsy it is.

I shall leave the last word with Ebenezer Scrooge: "Humbug!"

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Boomstick,
    You got a link to that?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

MM, I will try to find it for ya.

MM, Here is the link. It was just more or less a forum that you could talk about your feelings on the subject. Hope this is what you wanted.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4040657AA5sQIG

Jeremiah 10:2-3a

2 This is what the Lord says: “Do not act like the other nations, who try to read their future in the stars. Do not be afraid of their predictions, even though other nations are terrified by them.

3 Their ways are futile and foolish.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

SuperSwampFox, while I do agree with what has been said about being ready, I think of an old story that was told to me some years back:A very religious man was sitting in his house when a neighbor came over to warn him thay the river was flooding and he needed to leave. His reply was "God will provide". After the water rose a couple of feet more, a neighbor came by in a big 4wheel drive to help him move his stuff out as the water was now up to the steps of his house, he replied "the Lord will provide". Later as the water pushed up even further, another neighbor come to rescue him in a boat as the water had risen to the point to where he was standing on the kitchen table. His reply was "the Lord will provide". A day or so later, the water had completely flooded the inside of the mans house and he was now standing on the roof when a helecopter came to rescue him but he would not go. He told the pilot "the Lord will provide". He drowned. Later, when at the pearly gates, he asked God why he had let him drown, God replied "I sent you a neighbor, a truck, a boat and a helicopter. Sometimes you have to try to help yourself".
    While I know that this story isn't the best way to state how I feel, I think that God will provide but He expects us to do a little also. For instance, if an armed criminal was pointing a gun at you, would you fight for you life our would you just stand there and take it? I think my Lord wants me to stand up for myself.
    Think about Moses, did God want him to just stand there and whisk him away to The Promised Land? No, he had to work for it.
    I can't sit here and argue scripture with anyone, sadly I'm not as good a Christian as I should be and don't read the bible often enough to completely understand what The Lord wants of me. I do think however, that The Lord will help them who help themselves.
    Last edited by skrimp; 03-29-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skrimp View Post
    ...I think of an old stiry that was told to me some years back:A very religious man was sitting in his house when a heighbor came over to warn him thay the river was flooding and he needed to leave. His reply was "God will provide". After the water rose a couple of feet more, a neighbor came by in a big 4wheel drive to help him move his stuff out as the water was now up to the steps of his house, he replied "the Lord will provide". Later as the water pushed up even further, another neighbor come to rescue him in a boat as the water had risen to the point to where he was standing on the kitchen table. His reply was "the Lord wil provide". A day or so later, the water had completely flooded the inside of the mans house and he was now standing on the roof when a helecopter came to rescue him but he would not go. He told the pilot "the Lord will provide". He drowned. Later, when at the pearly gates, he asked God why he had let him drown, God replied "I sent you a neighbor, a truck, a boat and a helicopter. ....
    I have heard another version of that same story - it kind of sums up my thoughts concerning the Lord's provision.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSTICK069 View Post
    MM, Here is the link. It was just more or less a forum that you could talk about your feelings on the subject. Hope this is what you wanted.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4040657AA5sQIG
    Good deal. Thanks man.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by skrimp View Post
    SuperSwampFox, while I do agree with what has been said about being ready, I think of an old story that was told to me some years back:A very religious man was sitting in his house...
    There is also the story straight out of the bible of Jehoshaphat. He was king of the Israelites when the vast armies of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir attacked. Rather than fighting these armies, Jehoshaphat commanded the Isrealites to pray and sing praises to the Lord.

2 Chronicles 20:15-17

15 He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. 16 Tomorrow march down against them. They will be climbing up by the Pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the gorge in the Desert of Jeruel. 17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Yeah, try that when someone is trying to kill you and let me know how it works out for you.