Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil Cost Calls To Be Auctioned in Hodges

Did any of you see the Lynch 'Turkey in the pines' call go for $14,000 a while back?
    The man that bought in is a friend of mine, he has a nice collection of old calls. He also bought 3 or 4 fake Cost calls for $1,500 each. He was told by another collector that they were fake, so he sent one to me for my opinion. Bad job. At first glance I knew they were fakes. He got his money back but the calls are probably still out there to catch somebody else.

BOB
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Does beating your dog make you feel good about being a poor trainer?

if he got his money back
    he is a lucky SOB
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 03-25-2009 at 10:24 AM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

What $14,000 for a Lynch in the Pine? Was it something very unique or a fool for a buyer??
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

The Turkey In The Pines calls were the first that Lynch made. He didn't make many & only a few are still around. That is what makes them highly collectable & valuable.
    Gibson calls bring a good price, depending on condition.
    Rutledge calls also will bring big bucks, if you can prove it is real.
    A duck call sold a few yrs ago for $100,000 +.
    Collecting folk art is a strange business.
    A Henry Davis trumpet call sold recently for $55,000.
    BOB
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Does beating your dog make you feel good about being a poor trainer?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonsHuntingDuke View Post
    Mergie, I have to work the Auction Saturday, I work alot of his gun auctions, last week he had one and the guns went for more than what they cost new, but i worked one last year and bought a browning a-5 belgium for 200 dollars, it has alot to do with the crowd that will be there. He runs a good auction and is a good friend. He lets me have my FONRA and Du banquets there and saves me a ton of money on rent and auctioneering.
    Cool. Thanks for the info. I saw on the site where the DU banguet was going to be held at his place. Also saw where the 'Friends of the NRA' auction/banquet is going to be there.

I'm gonna try and make the auction. Not sure yet though whether I'll be able to. Where exactly is his place?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Merg when you pass the old store (Skeets I think was the name of it) on 25 coming out of Greenwood his building will be on the right across from Riley Rd.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    Merg when you pass the old store (Skeets I think was the name of it) on 25 coming out of Greenwood his building will be on the right across from Riley Rd.
    Gotcha. I know exactly where it is now. Thanks

Is there anything in the old Skeets store building anymore. I stopped in there a few years ago and they had some pretty good deals on boots.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 03-25-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I dont think they sell the carhart stuff and boots anymore. Think its like a little flea market now but I havent stopped in years myself.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!