Thread: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Default Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

WALHALLA — A Walhalla man was fatally shot Saturday morning while hunting, according to Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis.

Adam Corey Becker, 28, of Earlestead Drive, died as a result of the incident that took place around 8:30 a.m. near 1047 White Cut Road in Walhalla, Addis said.

Becker was pronounced dead at Oconee Medical Center emergency room in Seneca at 9:49 a.m., Addis said.

Becker reportedly was shot in a heavily wooded area by a member of the group with which he was hunting wild boar, the coroner said. One of the hunters heard a commotion in the woods and fired, then Becker came out of the woods. Becker said he had been shot then reportedly collapsed and became unresponsive, Addis said.

The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources and the Oconee County Sheriff’s Office are involved in an ongoing investigation of the incident, Addis said.

An autopsy is scheduled for today at AnMed Health in Anderson, and following that the coroner expects to determine, he said, whether the shooting was accidental.

Natural resources department officials said Saturday that they are treating the shooting as accidental, according to a report from Independent-Mail coverage partner WSPA News Channel 7.

WALHALLA, SC — A Walhalla man who was fatally shot Saturday died as a result of a single shotgun wound to his abdomen, according to autopsy results.

Adam Corey Becker, 28, of 110 Earlestead Drive sustained the injury around 8:30 a.m. Saturday while he was hunting on property off White Cut Road near Walhalla, according to Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis. Becker was pronounced dead at 9:49 a.m. at the Oconee Medical Center emergency room in Seneca, according to Addis.

The bullet that hit Becker lacerated the large vessels in his abdomen and his liver, which resulted in internal bleeding, according to information released by Addis on Sunday. Officials have classified the incident as a homicide. Becker was wounded when a member of his hog-hunting party shot at movement in a wooded area, according to Addis.

The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office and the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources are still investigating, Addis said. The results of their investigation and of the autopsy conducted Sunday will be submitted to 10th Judicial Circuit Solicitor Chrissy Adams, Addis said.

stupid...............

NO sense in crap like this.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Why do people shoot without first identifying what they are shooting at
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

This is a sad situation. Guys please take the time to know what you are shooting at. This man shot before he knew what his target was and now his hunting partner is dead and he is facing prison time for homicide. Lots of families hurt in because of a bad decision.
    Be still and get your gun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    WALHALLA, SC — A Walhalla man who was fatally shot Saturday died as a result of a single shotgun wound to his abdomen, according to autopsy results.

The bullet (the media needs to learn how to report the incident correctly. Shotguns dont fire bullets) that hit Becker lacerated the large vessels in his abdomen and his liver, which resulted in internal bleeding, according to information released by Addis on Sunday. Officials have classified the incident as a homicide. (That is not good for sportsmen as I am sure PETA will be using this as well as the ANTI Gun Libs) Becker was wounded when a member of his hog-hunting party shot at movement in a wooded area, according to Addis.

The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office and the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources are still investigating, Addis said. The results of their investigation and of the autopsy conducted Sunday will be submitted to 10th Judicial Circuit Solicitor Chrissy Adams, Addis said.
    Still a senseless tragedy that could have been prevented. All accidents are 100% preventable.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I just read in todays Anderson Independent news paper that it was ruled a homicide.

It's never excusable to shoot at what you have not fully identified. Never. My late uncle messed up in an almost identical fashion and permanently blinded another hunter (late 30's or early 1940's) - neither person was ever the same after that.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Just got this email through Clemson.

Clemson mourns the death of student Adam Becker

Adam Corey Becker, 28, a graduate student in forestry, died Saturday, March 21, at Oconee Medical Center.

Becker died of injuries sustained while hunting near Walhalla, according to Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis.

A graduate of Western Carolina University, Becker was completing his master’s thesis at Clemson. He was an avid outdoorsman, hunter, fisherman and sportsman. He was a member of Lexington Baptist Church.

Becker was the son of Bill and Susan Becker of Lexington, S.C., and husband of Toni Chaney Becker of Walhalla.

In addition to his wife and parents, he is survived by a daughter, Ada Naomi Becker of the home; sister, Tara Becker McCarty and husband Arch of Lexington; paternal grandmother, Helen Becker of Bryson City, N.C.; aunt, Shirley Becker Jones; and uncles, George Eddie Becker and John Becker Jr.

Funeral services will be conducted at 4 p.m., Tuesday, March 24, in the chapel of Davenport Funeral Home,
    311 S. Highway 11 in West Union. The family will receive friends prior to the service, 2:30-4 p.m. at the funeral home.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Stupidity knows no bounds.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

My roomate in college was best friends with this guy. I met him once or twice. Hate it for everyone involved. No excuse for shooting at what you can't see.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Very said. He graduated with Jessica from Lexington Hgh
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

28 and a Clemson Forester... this guy went to school with me, but I cannot place him.

God Bless his family
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

camo, when did you grad from clemson? I got my masters in 05. Becker came after i left.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

man thats terrible

Very sad. It is always important to know who you are hunting with and when having a hunt like this, never hurts to have a quick "safety briefing" just to get people thinking the right way. We go on a dog drive in the gov't woods where we invite people we don't always hunt with we ALWAYS have a safety talk before starting. May be uncomfortable to do one of these but it is a good way to at least try and help prevent these type of accidents.
    Duck hunters are fools, all of us. -Mergie Master