Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McCabes??

SCTIMBER Coots

McCabe's is worth the drive. Terry can cook some good bbq chicken too.

If you are around Manning on Thursday, stop next door at the Manning Restaurant for the pork chops, you won't be disappointed

Someone help me out here; is Sweatmans the place I was thinking of in Holly Hill? For some reason I seem to recall the place in Batesburg Leesville having a name similar to if not Sweatmans....

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Someone help me out here; is Sweatmans the place I was thinking of in Holly Hill? For some reason I seem to recall the place in Batesburg Leesville having a name similar to if not Sweatmans....
    Sweatman's is near Holly Hill off 407 and Shealy's is Bates-Lees. I have been to the Music Man and it's tasty, but I want to try something new.

Gotcha. Thanks. There's a damn fine joint just outside of Newberry, kinda on the way the Clinton that is good also. Q, rice, ribs, hash and loaf bread. sit your ass at a picnic table and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Gotcha. Thanks. There's a damn fine joint just outside of Newberry, kinda on the way the Clinton that is good also. Q, rice, ribs, hash and loaf bread. sit your ass at a picnic table and enjoy
    Mustard based sauce??
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by FreeLiner View Post
    Mustard based sauce??
    Wise's is the shit.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SCTIMBER View Post
    McCabe's is worth the drive. Terry can cook some good bbq chicken too.
    See, Tater. This is what I'm talkin' about. If that ain't a call for a winner take all no holds barred cage match, I don't know what is. Head to head. We could judge it, right??

As good as Bucky's pork is, I've damn near pushed it aside in favor of the chicken. Not quite yet, but I'm workin that way.

Combo plate. 1/4 chicken, pork, cucumber salad, sweet tater crunch, slice of thick white bread, sweet tea. Ketchup, mustard, and hot sauces - all 3. Damn.
    Last edited by Simple Man; 03-16-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

where is mccabes located in manning? Never been there and i've been to d&h bunches over the years. do they have a buffett? What base sauce?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Wise's is the shit.
    That's the one!

I agree SM. We need to get this arranged. On a side note; I went to the SCSPLS general membership meeting at Camp Buckhorn and as I was driving in Bucky's van was driving out...they catered....I ate copious amounts...I fell asleep by the lake....life was good. It's the closest thing to a Bucky's buffet....you should've been there....

Thanks for the call. Peckerhead.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

They brought chicken too....it was good...you would've enjoyed it...I think I ate a shoulder and a couple of chickens...I called, but per the norm you didn't answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked 0n Quack View Post
    where is mccabes located in manning? Never been there and i've been to d&h bunches over the years. do they have a buffett? What base sauce?
    Not to be a smart ass but google it and it will tell you.

It's just down from Prothro Chevrolet on the same side of the road.

I just hope they are open on Thursday, we are making the trek to try it out, worse case if they are close, we will double back to Lonestar in Santee.

They'll be open T...and it is definitely great stuff. I was just saying in my first post that I wouldn't want to drive that far for much of anything. However, I may be spoiled from having it right here for so long. As everyone has been saying, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Closed @ 3 on Thursday,ended up calling before we left Chas. went to Browns in Kingstree.

Nice plug KCM !! I ate at Sweatman's a couple of weeks ago and it is $10 for a plate now and the food (IMO) has gone down hill since Mr. Sweatman died... Music Man's will make you sing !!!

If you are coming from Charleston... take a left at the first light next to Foodlion, then go to the next light and take a left at the next light by Burger King.. take a right at the base of the railroad tracks and it is a Piggy Pink building... they have just expanded by knocking some walls out and it looks great !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UH HRCH Somerset Points Golden Bear
    HR Somerset Points Cindy Lou Who
    SH Somerset Points One Rough Chic (Madea)

Quote Originally Posted by FreeLiner View Post
    Mustard based sauce??
    Damn, my bad. I saw "Location: Simpsonville" and I thought this a SM post so I disregarded...just like he does my phone calls. But, to answer your question, "yes".

Went about 2weeks ago & the BBQ was the best. The ribs were great as well. I plan to go back soon.

When I was a child, we stopped in to McCabe's on our way home to the coast. My dad kept on and on about the cream corn, being so good, the lady from the back walked by and said "it ought to be good, it was still on the stalk at 8:00 this morning!"
    now that's fresh!!
    “A town is saved, not more by the righteous men in it than by the woods and swamps that surround it.” -Thoreau