Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Name of Science!!!

Rabbit Trap

Fish Trap

Coon Trap

Coyote Trap

Hog Trap.................

It's all the same.

Kill'em all duckman!!! Need some help let me know. I'll be roaming around Tigger Tech somewhere.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

so we having a pig cookout at your place soon?? lol

Nice work

is that an elk antler in the back of your truck?

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Puss.
    haha...i honestly spit mountain dew on my keyboard just now

SC sportsman you clearly have little to no knowledge about the nuisance feral hog species. They are not considered a game animal in this state due to the destruction they cause. If you think deer are hell on a dove field or a farmer's corn field then you simply have no clue. It may take a herd of deer eating your dove field every night for a month to do the destruction 15 pigs can do in one night. Not to mention they tear up roads and eat turkeys and quail. The only benefit I have seen from hogs is they will eat snakes which I hate. Biologist suggest trapping hogs and killing them in this method, it seems to be the only means which make a significant dent in the population. Just wait a few years till they invade your place in the woods and you will be looking for help.

Good on ya Duckman kill'em all!!!!
    Last edited by Southernduck; 03-17-2009 at 09:44 AM.
    cut\'em

killem all! They shouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    SC sportsman you clearly have little to no knowledge about the nuisance feral hog species. They are not considered a game animal in this state due to the destruction they cause. If you think deer are hell on a dove field or a farmer's corn field then you simply have no clue. It may take a herd of deer eating your dove field every night for a month to do the destruction 15 pigs can do in one night. Not to mention they tear up roads and eat turkeys and quail. The only benefit I have seen from hogs is they will eat snakes which I hate. Biologist suggest trapping hogs and killing them in this method, it seems to be the only means which make a significant dent in the population. Just wait a few years till they invade your place in the woods and you will be looking for help.

Good on ya Duckman kill'em all!!!!
    Let me tell u somethin, i know all about these hogs because we lease land on the wateree river and they are everywhere. I know they are a nuisence and i know that they tear up everything. We try to shoot every hog that we can to get them off our place but all i was saying is that i couldn't shoot one in a pen like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

Well one thing is for sure, y'all probably arent making a dent in them. If you want to get a little more sporting with it, jump in the trap with a knife and give it a go, personally I will stick to the pictured method.
    cut\'em

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Originally posted by spellcheck:
    "Where are you located?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Mmmmmmmmmm....bacon.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by sc sportsman View Post
    Let me tell u somethin, i know all about these hogs because we lease land on the wateree river and they are everywhere. I know they are a nuisence and i know that they tear up everything. We try to shoot every hog that we can to get them off our place but all i was saying is that i couldn't shoot one in a pen like that.
    Then don't.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

I tend to use a gun when I shoot them in a trap, works better than airsoft of my finger pistol
    Last edited by MediaGuy; 03-17-2009 at 10:48 AM.

I have no problem with the situation as long as something is being done with the pigs, as in being eaten or given to somebody to eat. Hopefully they are not going to waste just because you don't want hogs in your area. I understand the problems that they cause and am fortunate not to have them on my private land. However, extinguishing hogs in sheer hunting interest is not very ethical in my opinion, atleast find a way to donate them to Huntes for the Hungary or something.

"How can you shoot those things in a trap?"

"It's easy - you don't don't have to lead 'em much!"

(Paraphrased from "Full Metal Jacket")
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

hell if all of yall are such bad asses why dont yall actually do it the way we got rid of the hogs at that places i hunt. Turn the damn dogs loose and cut um when the catch um. It seems that yall are the pussys having to stand outside a cage and killing them why dont you get in the cage with a knife of something to atleast make it challenging. I know weve just about gotten rid of the herd on over 2000 acres on the river in 2 years and not a damn one of them have been killed this way. for all you true "sportsmen". im sorry i was raised differently than most of yall i actually respect the woods and all of the animals in it even if they are a pest, im not out to kill everything that walks.

Be sure to stay on the paved hiking paths. You dont want to destroy any fragile plant life.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

LMAO at these girlies who equate feral pigs with game animals. Gosh I have never killed a pig with a knife. What big balls you must have...

As far as going to waste, when the locals fill their freezers with hogs we give them and they quit picking up the phone when we call, then we start burying them with the backhoe. Either way they die. We hunt them with dogs, still hunt, bow hunt, shoot at night under a SCDNR depredation permit and run traps year round. Numbers are increasing. Hopefully the recent flood drowned a few thousand of the nasty mofo's...