Thread: Old Billups Landing?

Default Old Billups Landing?

Think it's called carolinaking retreat & marina according to a friend of mine.
    He has 2-lots and a nice pad at the place and told me today he want even go down there anymore. Been years since I put in at the place,
    Input on what in going on? He told me the place is like a ghost town.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

There were cabins built on the bank some years back.
    It is a ghost town.
    I guess someone thought there was an economic boom coming to this area and wanted to capitalize on it.
    ........It didn't happen.

The same old bunch that has always crappie fished the cane branch is still using that landing.
    Not much has changed other than the cabins and dock.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

we put in there a couple times during duck season. people are pretty nice, just want things done their way. Just park where they say and pay your ramp fee and you are fine.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

we always just put in a jacks creek.... whole lot less drivin time for me

I personally never will give them another $1 of my money. I would put in at Packs and run down the lake before I put in there again. The guy that runs the place is an ASSHOLE. It was much better when Smitty ran it. That is just my opinion.
    Be still and get your gun!!!!

That is what my buddy said about him Huntmaster. He told me the whole story. He just bought him a place up close to me @Murray and thanks the dude everyday for leaving the place even though he still owns it. I will put in another place when I get down that way.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Just drive down 15 and put in at jacks.

Tip: the crappie are in the hatchery pond.
    I repeat the crappie are in the hatchery pond.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Smittie was a good ol fella, I ain't wild about going back down there either.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I'm like Phone man I put in there several time not during duck season, but gator season and teal and never had any issues. I have stayed in the cabins a couple times also with no issue.

we use to stay there for a week every spring while we we on our fishing trip. The owners kept being an ass because we were keeping fish. This is just about the only time that we keep fish. With 5 of us fishing we might keep and clean 100 fish that one week. We got tired of hearing his mouth and started staying at jacks creek, I will never put another boat in there again.