Thread: Ready To Lock and Load

Aaaahhh...life is good, dove season starts in 9 hours along with COLLEGE FOOTBALL, man I've been lookin forward to this...hope yall guys have a fun and safe hunt! [img]graemlins/drink.gif[/img]

Just got out of the dove field. Had a great shoot killed my limit and 8 for my wife.The black dog worked great. Could not have been better.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

Same here limits for me an guest Duckweed in a shoot that was not the most active I have ever seen but was very steady with some exciting momemets. Banjo, took the torch from Woodie pretty good until he got overheated. Ran out of water for me about 45min before I left field and was getting low on Banjo's supply. But we made it! Hate I missed the USC game, sounded like they handed the powerhouse Vandy their [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]

Made it home just in time to see CU sucking wind against Wake

There is still hope, it's overtime
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

Once again... another sorry ass shoot. 5 of us killed 7. Oh well, maybe next year. [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

My little ol $50 dove club that I joined this year was a SMOKER!! One look at the field and I thought well if we have any birds we will be lucky. At 2:30 the gates opened up and birds poured in! YAWSA!!!!! Thought the ol gun barrel was gonna turn red.DAMN!! Only got 9, but everyone knows I can't shoot worf a chit. Dog did GREAT!! Absolutely could not have asked for better. Top it all off with a fish fry prior to hunt and it was a fantastic day!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

In the feild at 2:10 limit by 3:15 was checked by the man and his woman partner off Bluff Rd. The old man had the birds. Everone with a quick limit. About 20 hunters. The man road by several times. Made everone nerves bad but it made for no FUCK UPS and I was glad for that. We sould have birds for the first season.
    Bone....

Got there at 12:30 and had the limit by 2:30. Stayed around and worked my dog for some other shooters. At 3:30 they really seem to show up well.

I still think we lost about 40% of our birds with the storm on Sunday. We got 9 1/2 inches of rain between Sunday and Tuesday. We counted over 400 on the wire the last Sat, but not near that many showed up today. Our sunflowers are down and sprouting along with all the corn in the harvested fields.

Anyone else in the path of Charlie noticed that?

Yall let me know if there are any openings for pay shoots Sun. or Mon. afternoon... please.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Had a good shoot with old friends in a nice field. It was a little slow, but most people wound up with limits. The swamp poodle worked pretty well.

One thing I learned, NEVER NEVER EVER take a blind with GANDER between you and where the birds are coming in the field. That sucker can flat ass shoot!

Sushi, you were very kind to invite me to your annual river gathering last year when I had to cancel due to lymes.... I have not asked anyone yet for monday which is the HUGE pork chop, baked bean before the hunt thingy. If the weather is OK, and my dad is still in the Richland Cancer unit you are welcome to join me. I will not offer to anyone else if you want to take the spot. I can't promise anything.... but usually out of 7-8 shoots about 3-5 are pretty damn good in this club. Just let me know.
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

Fish,

You dumbass MOFO!! Haven't you read my post on here about when I duck with Gander?????? I hate duck hunting with the no good NIGRA!

Bastud kills everything, I hardly get any leftovers. He sucks!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

R & R, Please count me in...
    Will Rogers

Gotacha will shoot you my #.

Guys, never hunted with Gander but can flat testify that that is one of the best clayshooters I have had the pleasure of shooting with. If like JB, his dad owned a sporting clay course, I would be quite sure he would be a national champion.

You guys kill me. Way too kind. Fish, I had a great shoot. I sure am glad Joe invited me. He was apologizing to me the hole time bout no birds. I couldn't figure what he was talkin about. You guys are good people. I didn't know that was you in that blind until the shoot was well under way. I did miss a few, but luckily I made up my average with a scotch double.