Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retriever Sales

Default Retriever Sales

As of February 26, 2009, there will be a flat fee of $100 to advertise retrievers for sale on the site. This includes sales by PM's, listing litters on the forums, etc.

* Advertising a litter or retriever before contacting the Admins will be viewed as a contract to pay the fee. You will be billed. No exceptions.

Contact us at scducks@gmail.com to sell your retrievers. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't you have to do another User Terms of Agreement for this to have any weight? Again, just being curious. If you do "bill" me, what happens if I don't pay? No contractural agreement without new terms. Somehow, someway, someone is going to look and find a loophole. Just trying to make sure you have your bases covered.

We will simply turn the matter over to RMC and let them do their thing. Thanks.

does this mean that Pro Trainers and Breeders can now list puppies without an infraction since there is a charge?
    And on the eighth day God created retrievers!!!!!!!!

Certainly. Just shoot us an email and we will be happy to help you get your pups to some great hunting homes with some of the great people we have around here...

Love2,

If I were you, I would let JAB do the thinking and you just play on here like the rest of us.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Love2,

If I were you, I would let JAB do the thinking and you just play on here like the rest of us.
    I was thinking more along the lines of people coming here just to post For Sale ads and not asking permission. If trying to make sure that a friend has all the bases covered is a bad thing, that I beg your pardon. There are already members who post without getting permission.

"Damn Obama"!

Jab, You might consider making this a sticky and requiring payment prior to listing. Just a thought.
    HRCH Lemon's Lady Chesney MH
    SHR Lemon's Pinch Of Long Cut aka Hagen
    "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Mordecai Siegal
    "If forced to choose between romantic love and my dog, I'd sure choose my dog." -Solange

Are those who listed recently grandfathered in ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UH HRCH Somerset Points Golden Bear
    HR Somerset Points Cindy Lou Who
    SH Somerset Points One Rough Chic (Madea)

Pb, You might be Mother-in-lawed in.

BOB
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Does beating your dog make you feel good about being a poor trainer?

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy View Post
    Jab, You might consider making this a sticky and requiring payment prior to listing. Just a thought.
    i agree.

Just a question, so I hope that people wont take this the wrong way. What exactly brought this on? If a person sells a truck on here and makes $15,000, how is that any different from a person selling a litter of puppies? Just an idea, why don't you just charge a flat fee of $20 or so to use the trading post to sell items, and you could give have the money to a foundation. Just an idea.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

AH HOLY... You have a good point there... and I don't blame JAB one bit for wanting to issue a fee for selling pups... but like you say.. a $15,000 truck or a $10,000 boat or anything for that matter should be charged a fee for posting...

I would suggest issuing the following for any items over

General Items - $10.00 fee
    Dogs - $50.00 fee
    Boats/Motors/Trailers - $75.00 fee
    Trucks / Cars - $100.00 fee

OR

set a price for listing anything on the site.... I know from experience that advertising in the Post and Courier for 14 days is $44 and The State is about the same.. I think JAB should look at the rates that the papers charge and give us a little better break in the price based on how many visit this site..

I am not complaining in any way, because I appreciate them allowing me to list my pups, but the price does seem kinda steep and maybe it is done this way to keep people from listing them..

I know that I have sold pups to guys that are hunters.. That is what I wanted to accomplish and to keep the integrity of the breed in tact.. I did sell a couple of pups from the newspaper, but I was more satisfied getting sales from here..

I hope that you will consider lowering the fee and maybe putting a cap on how often you can run or update it.

Thanks
    Last edited by Poppa Bear; 02-27-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Missing Info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UH HRCH Somerset Points Golden Bear
    HR Somerset Points Cindy Lou Who
    SH Somerset Points One Rough Chic (Madea)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Bear View Post
    AH HOLY... You have a good point there... and I don't blame JAB one bit for wanting to issue a fee for selling pups... but like you say.. a $15,000 truck or a $10,000 boat or anything for that matter should be charged a fee for posting...

I would suggest issuing the following for any items over

General Items - $10.00 - $100.00
    Boats

That would be one good way to cut down on some of the stuff that's posted in the trading forum.
    UH HR Fist Full of Dollars MH NCH05 (Cash)
    HRCH Ravenwood's Miss Moneypenny JH (Penny)
    SHR Pocotaligo's Cash Advance JH (Vance)
    Winter Storm Advisory (Chilly)

Puppy sales by a breeder may be what JAB is referring to, though not sure. Quite different from the average joe-blow selling odds and ends on a non-regular basis imho.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

AH HOLY makes a good point. That was actually the first thing that came to mind when I saw the announcement, but it would be kinda rediculous to charge a $10 fee to somebody for selling a dozen used decoys for $30. Would kinda defeat the purpose of selling them to start with. I would think the trading post would dwindle to nothing though if he does that.

If my .02 counts, (which it probably does'nt), I would say anything above $250 would be subject to a charge, anything below it is free. Just my opinion though, it aint my site. I am kinda curious though, as to what brought it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

A car dealer that made his living from and/or supplemented his income by selling vehicles would be expected to either become a PAYING sponsor OR pay an advertising fee. Same theory applies to the dog breeders, boat dealers, pro flea market/ebay sellers, etc.

Personally, I think totally eliminating the Trading Post forum would be a good thing for the owners of this site.
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

Bingo! Duck hunting site once again. The site has grown leaps and bounds and what really gets to me is that people post on the the trading post with their FIRST POST.
    Never show back up to discuss stuff like controlled burns and stuff. Or fixin a tiller, THANKS AGAIN SALTY. Great site and the ONLY one I have time to check. Thanks for a great job. Just kiddin Sportin. You should have been with us yesterday without the fire.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Why dont you charge a yearly flat fee of 50.00 and they can have unlimited sales. Start it in January and it is good for that year. If you want to sell something in june then you pay the money and you have to pay again in Jan. next year. You could have different types of fees for different types of items. Regular 10.00(for the guy wanting to sell a few decoys are what ever else through the year. Gold Membership for 50.00(thats for the guy that sells high price items ) its cheaper than advertising through the paper. Just my thought, i dont sell much and never have enough money to buy.
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"