Thread: Oyster Pot

Default Oyster Pot

Ok does anyone have a easy way to clean a oyster pot? The SOS pads gets OLD!!!!!!!!!!

put yo yo's head in it and it'll be spotless
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Is the pot stainless, aluminum, what??? It makes a difference on the clean-up.
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

Automotive degreaser like purple power or grease lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Automotive degreaser like purple power or grease lightning.
    I use this coupled with 2400psi, 205 degree water.

Aluminum

Mix a couple of tablespoons of cream of tartar, (you can get this in the "spice section" of the grocery store), with either hydrogen peroxide OR hot water. Scrub with your dish cloth or a non-abrasive scrubbing pad.

If you have money to burn, you can buy cleaners just for pots/pans @ any resturant supply company. Be warned, none of the cleaners are cheap.

If it was me, I would use the cream of tartar mixture with some elbow grease - THEN I would lightly coat the inside of the pot with grape seed oil, (to prevent further build up of the residue).
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

I just leave mine full of soapy water for a day or so. The residue just sluffs right off. Greasing your pot also helps tremendously.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.