Thread: Perko Switch ?

Default Perko Switch ?

Anybody got one on their jon boat? I'm thinking about getting one for mine to be able to switch back and forth from cranking battery to acc battery. That way while running I can charge my trolling motor battery back up if I need to.

I would like to see some pictures of how you mounted it and if you had and suggestion or ways you would do it differently.

Thanks

Piece of cake. Just remember that based on your motor and the amp charging system, you may not recharge the troll batt. , depending on how much you have used either. Shoot me a PM and i"ll be glad to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Not hard to wire. Connect grounds to a common buss bar. Run a positive from your primary start battery to the switch Position 1, and run a positive from your backup battery to the switch Position 2. You now have a backup. If you set the switch to Position 1, it will draw and charge your primary, set to position 2, it will draw and charge your backup, set to BOTH it will draw and charge both.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

or get one of these and dont worry about it.

http://www.bepmarine.com/Dual-Batter...-180-1464.html
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

THe wiring is not really what I am worried about it was just how or where it was mounted. Does it have to be mounted to a dry box, or can it be mounted on a switch panel? My options are limited that is why I am wondering how others might have done it.

Chuck, why would I want that? Don't know why that would be better. With the Perko I can select which battery I want to charge while running, or if I kill or have problems with my cranking battery I can switch to the acc to start, or vice versa.